Hey Cupcake..

I was going to send you a PM, but thought that since your bookmarks are so popular, others might want the answer, too!

I know that you have starched your bookmarks and put them on cards to give to friends. My question is, how do you attach them to the cards? Do you use plastic wrap? Sew them onto the card with nylon cord? Use some sort of safe glue......

I'm stumped.

Well hello worm!

First I cut strips of cardboard. I have some scrapbooking gear and I find the card quite good for this.

I then write something on the card down one end. If you lay the bookmark on the card it looks good if you write your message at the tassle end.

I get a piece of sticky tape about an inch long and fold this on itself. I use this to hold the book mark to the card.

img71759mu.jpg

Then I wrap the lot in one layer of cellophane and sticky tape this at the back. I find that for charity stalls this keeps them looking good, and prevents them from becoming too grubby.

For mailing I can just fold in half and pop in an envelope with a card.

Here is one of my assembly lines. I have some of those coloured pens which I try and match with the thread colour. How obsessional is that??

img71745gj.jpg

Depending on the event I change the words. ie happy birthday, get well soon, thanks a bunch etc. Different coloured card also looks good if you have it. On this I use metalic pens, ie gold/silver which looks pretty cool. Unfortunately it doesnt show too well in the photos.

I hope that helps you all. Please let me know how you go! :manyheart

Thanks!!!

I wasn't sure if it was ok to use tape on the thread, but that's easy enough!

I'll buy some double stick tape to keep it neat.

Your fan is my favorite design, but it was too sophisticated for the baby style, so I used a different pattern, but I wanted to put them on cards that I printed. I'll share a photo when I have them mounted up.

I do want to make some of your fans to have for quick gifts. Everyone loves them!!!

I always have a few of these made up and ready to go. I have taken them to dinner parties for the hostess with a bottle of wine. I have found people appreciate something hand made, and because they are small they aren't too over the top.

I cant wait to see how your turn out.

Archived