I did my first Craft's Fair

Guest tepperleen

Guest tepperleen

I'm exhausted, but I had the best time. I sold about $315.00. I was hoping to do more, but it was the first time this event took place and there weren't enough people. It was called Actor Crafts and it was in a small church in Manhattan. Very tight. About 25 booths. All theater people. I was so impressed with everyone. You walked in and it was like to being transported to a small town somewhere, anywhere. I just loved it. Unfortunately there were a few other vendors selling crocheted flower cloches and that was my main thing (and one booth had a "As seen in Lucky Magazine," which was really smart). Didn't sell too many of those. I sold two little girl granny square ponchos. One Lion Brand Granny Square Poncho, with a matching hat. A few hats that were in my "sale basket" a couple of these adorable Scrap Tweed Tassle hats www.yarncat.com/ScrapTweedTasselHat.html Lion Brand's chenille Ripple hat sold really well, I wish I had more of those. And a couple of the flowered hats, but I have so many now I don't know what to do with them all. I had 4 adult ponchos and only sold 1 which surprised me. I think I did as well as anyone there, so I really am proud. What an experience.

sounds like you did pretty good, good job, isn't nice when someone appreciates your work, and will actually PAY for it!!!:lol , the problem i am having is that everyone is so cheap around here and the economy is horrible, so many people out of work and the ones who are lucky enough to find a job aren't getting many hours so i guess no one has the extra money. i am hoping to do a craft fair in early nov, and then one again in dec. on the other hand i did sell 2 of my carebears the other day and a lady is interested in one too, soooo:cheer2 :cheer 2:cheer2 :cheer 2:cheer2 , everything helps!!!!!:woohoo , have a super day vicki:D!

Archived