How many projects do you take on...

With me it's either all or nothing. There will be long stretches where I don't do anything, then all of a sudden I take on 3 projects at a time. I'm currently working on two blankets for my fiance and one for my grandmother. When those are finished I have to make a Christmas one for my mom and four hat and scarf sets. Hopefully when those are finished i can take a break.

YOu're not the only one who does this...

Right now, I'm joining a blanket for my mom (she did the squares, but doesn't know how to join them), I'm working on an original design for a halter-dress for plus sized gals, and now I'm translating 59 quilt block patterns into crochet patterns which I will then be making into a patchwork crochetted quilt for my queen sized bed....OH! and I have two knit sweaters to get working on, both for other moms at my DD's busstop..one is expecting so I'm making her a before & after cardigan (has an extra panel for pregnancy, then she can wear it without the panel after baby is born), and the other has never been able to get her MIL to make her the kind of cardigan she actually wants to wear, so I showed her a couple of patterns and she picked one out and I'm making it for her...

I'm also writing up a class proposal for a crochet class I'll be teaching at the local Michael's and I have to pick the patterns and make samples before I can actually submit anything..and I have to have all that done and approved before the store's open house on Sept 30!!!

So, yeah....you're not the only one....

Gee, now that I look at my list here, I think I'll put everything else on hold til I get the stuff for Michael's finished, since that's the only really time sensative thing....hmmm....

Jessie

I was doing really good keeping the WIP's relatively caught up, but I'm behind again with probably over 10 WIP's...and I just can't seem to stay on focus with any one thing right now...get totally bored, totally sidetracked right now...somethings get done, but not like this last spring...I'm trying to do what I can and work through it...like the original poster, I feel like my life is one big WIP...and not just with crochet...and that might be the real problem...I am overwhelmed and I'm shutting down...so somehow, I'm gonna have to find a way to simplify my WIP lifestyle...this too shall pass (or at least get a bit better than lately...)

I have to be doing several projects at one time. But then I suddenly get inspired and finish a few at one time so I feel like I've accomplished something. I would say that I also have ADD when I comes to crocheting. I get too frustrated working on one project for long periods of time. I have yet to finish a blanket but I'm finally getting close. Of course, its a baby blanket so it's not full sized. LOL

MIss Chelly...

WIP is a Work In Progress...there are a few other terms you will see floating around...

UFO...UnFinshed Object (a WIP that hasn't been touched for a long time LOL)

FO...Finished Object

There's a list of terms somewhere on here...

Jessie

I usually have a max of three projects going on at once -- usually something portable like afghan squares or baby hats, something for charity, and something for a friend or family member. Usually one of the three is a knit project because my hand cramps up if I just do one or the other too long.:yarn

Right now I have two crochet projects going on (one ofr me and one for charity) and I'll probably start knitting some afghan squares to give my ahnd a break, once I find a new pattern. I'm bored with all of the ones I've already done!!

It's not like I start several things at once, just that I start something and put it down for a while and then end up starting something else instead of finishing the first thing I started. I currently have 2 1/2 WIPs and some yarn on the way for another project. I say 2 1/2, not 3, b/c one thing I started and then my baby messed up the yarn and I pulled out what I had and completely reballed the yarn. So, it's just a ball of yarn again, but I did start it at one point, and it's still on the "I started it and I had better finish it" list.

I have ADD too when it comes to crochet. I take on anything that catches my eye. Right now I am working on things for future swaps (ones that I havent even joined yet) lol Yes, I am also very AR. I have a bad habit of wanting to make so many different things, going out and getting what I need to make them and then not getting to them because I h

I too have ADD. I will take on as many projects as catch my eye. I am working on a lot of things now for swaps (ones that I havent even joined yet) and yes I am also AR. lol I have a bad habit of seeing things, wanting to make them, going out and getting the stuff to make them and then not doing them, at least not right away.

• 2 weeks later...

I always have many projects on the go. Along with crocheting I also cross stitch, macrame, paint, etc.

So I usually have up to 7 different projects on the go at any one time.

:cat

I always have too many projects, with crochet, sewing and cross-stitch. Thank goodness I don't knit or scrap book, or nothing would ever get finished!

• 2 weeks later...

I usually start several projects at a time, like 2-3 yarn projects and then small thread projects like making bracelets, earrings, anklets and such. The reason for this is because at times, I'm not sure how I want to proceed with one project, like should I follow the pattern or go do it this way intead, to give myself time to mull over it I'd go and start another project so I'll be making something instead of just coming to a halt.

I used to be really really bad at starting projects everytime I saw a new pattern or yarn that I just had to work! I finally wound up with so many UFO's that I eventually had to frogg because I had lost the pattern or didn't remember the hook size, that I had to really come to terms with my addiction and the wasted time I had spent.

I force myself to only work on 3 different things at one time. I will still look for patterns and buy yarn for the next project but I will not allow myself to start it till I have completed one of my WIP's. I try to keep my WIP's to different types of things too. A large one like an afghan, a small one usually in thread, and a medium one usually something to wear or use like a purse. This way I have small WIP's to carry around with me to work on when I'm waiting and such.

• 3 months later...

Right now I have 4 crochet projects going on at once. I had to buy more materials for a horse, I have 2 scarfs to finish this weekend for my girls. And a mini kitty cat that is just a head, and will be probably until next week!

I have 5 projects going right now. :eek

* One afghan that I don't like so I haven't picked up in a long time. It has to much work to do. I think I'll :2frog it.

* One bear that I started a long time ago. I was doing so many of them that I got board with it, so I put it down. It's for my step son. I really need to finish that for him. :(

* One baby afghan that I have been working on most of the time so I can get it done. I really like it. It's fun and easy. I don't have to look at the pattern anymore.:c9

* A pink elephant for a baby gift. I really need to finish that first so I can mail it out. Baby was born around Christmas.:P

* And the quick hats that I made on my own. People want to pay for those. Maybe that should be done first. :think

** Uh oh... I just remembered another one. I started a monkey for my son. But he said he wanted the bunny first. So I put it down and never did either one. :( Poor guy) Good thing he has a lot of other things that I already made him.

I didn't realize I had that much going on until I started to think about it. Yikes! I need to get them done before I start anything else.

I have 3 crochet and 3 knitting projects going. I don't like to have anymore than that. Usually its:

small crochet project( to keep in my purse for on the go hooking)

small knitting project (for on the go)

one crochet for charity project

one large crochet project (for working on at home)

one simple knitting project(for working on it anywhere)

one more complicated knitting project( for working on at home where I have better concentration)

See, I have a logic to my maddness:yes

I love this place-there are others like me- my crochet ADD is not as bad as my knitting ADD. Crochet goes so quickly but I either get bored or want to try something new and start another project. Right now there's 4 crochet WIP's and about 5 knitting WIP's.

• 6 years later...

I often have up 2 or 3 projects on the go at one time, but they won't all be crochet items.

I also have a list of projects in the order I need to produce them it's called a 'Customer Order Book'

At present I'm crocheting a large order of lamp shades I have 5 to do all to be ready by the 31st August.

I also have an order for a large knitted cushion.  I designed it about 5 months ago and made it but I sold that one and a customer has requested another one.

I'm also sewing a patchwork and beaded tote bag which once complete will go into my folksy shop.

Archived