How many projects do you take on...

I was just wondering how many projects everyone takes on at a time...

I think I have crochet ADD, I take on a few different projects at a time b/c I get bored with doing the same thing over and over, and move on to something else, and then I get bored with that and don't want to go back to project 1 yet, so I start project 3....and 4.... and so on. And in the midst of all the bigger projects, I always do a few 'completed in a day' projects, which satisfies my need to look at something completed.

I swear my crochet life is a just one giant WIP:lol

:hook just wondering if I'm alone in that, or if everyone else also has more than 1 large project in the works.... my large projects are my 63 and 63more CALS , and danielle's blanket, and pastor troy & jennifers baby balnket

I have to work on more than one project at a time because I get bored really easily :D Right now I have 3 main projects that I'm working on and 2 that I pull out every now and again. But I'm going on vacation to the beach in a few weeks, and am planning to work on new smaller projects that I should be able to finish in that week.

I used to do one project at a time. I start feeling stressed if I take on more.

Then I started doing this baby prep stuff and well... let's just say I have an aversion to "finishing" (end tucking, and the like). So I had things stacked up.

currently I am working on 2 tablecloths, 1 patchwork afghan, 1 holly hobby doll, and 2 of my own patterns. I try and do a little of each every day. I think I am in lala land most of the time.

Yup! Ada, you just described me too! I take on as many projects as I can without feeling swamped.....this varies, but usually 4 or 5 and then I start getting nervous:eek .......then I HAVE TO finish some of them up before I will let myself start a new one! If I didn't do that, I would just have miles of piles of UFOs!:blush And those little finish 'em up in no time projects ARE just good for the soul!

I don't know how many projects I have started since I do several crafts (crochet, knit, sew, quilt, xstitch...) A lot of my projects just need a little bit to finish but I just can't seem to find the time to do it although I always find the time to start something new! :think

Guess I'm going to have to discipline myself to just finish the projects I have started and not begin anything new. :(

:waving Hello, I'm Crystal and I have a WIP problem....lol! I go through phases, but I'm currently in a BIG WIP place, with many crocheted wips and a few knitting wips, and I'm half tempted to start a few more.

I think I have a problem!!!:blush

Hee hee

I made a rule for myself a while ago that I can only have one knit project and one crochet project going at a time. I don't always stick to it exactly, but it has prevented me from having more than 5 projects ever going at the same time. Until recently my house was simply too small for me to find space to store unfinished projects, which also helped me out a lot. However, recently my husband and I bought a much bigger house... I can see myself getting into trouble very soon! I just sat down and made a list of all the projects I've been wanting to do recently and there are more than 10! That is probably a small number for many of you, but for me it is pretty huge because they are all gifts for people I know and I want to get them all done before the Christmas season! I'm so used to making charity item after charity item that I've never really had to deal with a deadline for so many projects! We'll just have to see how it goes!

• 1 month later...

Usually I have four or five going. Like the rest of y'all I get bored. But lately I have been trying to be good and finish up all my wip. That's only because I have several more that I am wanting to do and I just don't have the space to have 20 or 30 wips. I keep a little one in the car that be stopped and started in five or ten minutes. This lately has been a snake. I do have one project that I have the deadline of when my daughter starts middle school. She's three months shy of four. It's the sleeping beauty afghan. The "canvas" is so darn boring. SC row after row in white. So of course I can't travel with it. But I do make deadlines even if I'm working to the 12th hour.

Rosemary

I used to be that way also. But now I only allow myself two projects at a time. This way, eventually, something gets finished. Also, I do a lot of smaller projects, so I am doing different things quite often.

:manyheart

Well, lets see, I knit. I just finished a week or two ago knitting an plum afagan I sent to an internet friend.

It is plum with pink bullion roses all around the edeges with a creme colored crocheted shell.

My friend loved it.

Also sent her a crocheted scarf. It was a mesh desgin out of a new type yarn. Stawberry color.

Also some knitted discloths.

I am crochteing lace right now. WIP.

I am making a lot and it is an on going project.

I may start a crocheted bedspread.

I sew and quilt. I have a lavender desgin quilt in progress.

I have one quilt half way hand basted. Full size. I got bored with it Lol.

I have a knitted shawl to finish 2 in progress.

I am putting pink ombre Buillion roses on the edge and crocheted shell desgin on tip of it.

So , the anwer is Yes, of course. PINKROSES. :lol

On the whole, I'm so awful at finishing things, so I'm trying to take one project at a time. Okay, maybe two at a time. Or just three.... four maybe?

Although I do come by my procrastination honestly; my father is the exact same way. Which my mother never fails to point out is the reason she had to wait over twenty years for him to finish building the cupboards in her kitchen. I hope I don't work quite THAT long on some of my projects! :lol

I usually have 3 going at once, one long-term like an afghan, and other short-term smaller stuff. Right now I have a slow afghan going (DH likes the thickness of SC fabric, so I'm doing a pattern with lots of this, and it's going at a snail's pace). I'm knitting a scarf and crocheting placemats. This morning I made two dishcloths for a friend's upcoming birthday. The placemats will be done later today, so I'll be back to 2 again. But tomorrow is another day!

I have so many projects going....not just crochet either, since I also quilt and sew. I am nearly finished making two shawls, one just needs to have the fringe finished, have a half done snowflake afghan, a barely started sweater, a purse, and a few half finished dishcloths. (I make dishcloths for trying out new stitches)

I also have 3 or 4 quilts going and two purses that I'm sewing.

I have lots started. when I try to go back to one of the older projects, I forget where I am in the pattern and how to do it. Also, I see things that I want to make, so I buy yarn. Later, I look at the yarn and can't remember what project I bought it for. Hey, I am sixty and forgetful. :shrug

Right now I only have one doily that needs to be finished and so I started an afghan that I had the design in my head ,it had to come out !!.. I decided to knit:knit it instead , it will also have some crochet in it though :hook

I just made myself a WIP list last night on my blog. Some of them haven't been touched in quite a while but after realizing how close some of it is to being finished I'm trying hard to keep focused and not start anything new. I'm very good at not finishing anything so we'll see how long this lasts!

Archived