My name is Svetlana...

Svetlana

Hi all!

I don't know where I've been all this time that I just found this wonderful forum! I'm so glad I did! :cheer You seem like a nice and friendly group of people, who is hooked to crochet just like I'm lately. I have read all the rules of the forum and hopefully will not make any mistakes or brake the law. :eek

OK, about me. My name is Svetlana, it's a Russian name (although I'm not Russian, but lived almost all my life in the former Soviet Union). Can you imagine living with the name like this here, in the US? Well, wellcome to my world! I spell it many-many times a day, since my job is mostly on the phone and they always want to know who they talking to. :yes

I'm just learning how to crochet and have couple of FO's already. I'm so looking forward to getting to know you better and learning from you all! :yay

Svetlana

Welcome, Svetlana! Welcome to Crochetville! You will love it there. I lived in Poland a long time ago and my best friend there was a Russian-born Svetlana. She immigrated to the US and had the same problems, constantly spelling her name for people!

Welcome to the board Svetlana. I'm new to crochet too. :D

I went to Moscow in 1987 for a youth exchange camp called ARTEK (looked like APTEK) down near Yalta on the Black Sea. We were at the camp for 4 weeks and in Moscow for 2 weeks. It was amazing! I had such an unforgettable time there. I know the whole region has totally changed since then. I fell in *love* with a boy there named Alexai (Alyosha) and had my 16th birthday there. I swore I was going to move there when I turned 18. LOL Never did make it back there though, dangit! lol

Molly in Washington state (near Seattle)

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Molly I agree, it's hard not to fall in love with the region where you went. Yalta always been and stll is one the most popular resorts on the Black See shore. And Moscow turned into one the most expensive cities in the world to live in.

Svetlana or Sveta as many of my friends are called! that is such a popular name here in Russia. I live in Krasnodar 60 miles from the Black Sea.

I think I know at least 6 women named Svetlana!

Welcome to the board.

Blackpurl, thank you! My niece lives in Krasnodar and loves it there. Are you on the mission there or are you a Russian? I looked in your blog and didn't quite get it. Is it possible that you are a Russian with such an incredible English?

Welcome from Wilkesbarre, PA!!!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do, it's real inspirational to see the things that everyone is making... keeps reminding you the possibilities are endless!

:welcome from Wisconsin and let me present you a:flowerfor joining us, along with :ghug. :tupfor beginning a fun way to spend a day. :wavingcome often and :dreaming of all your future projects like the rest of us. I hope you grow to :manyheart it here.

Welcome from Waco, Texas. Yes you do have a beautiful name. At least most Americans can pronounce yours. Mine is a Very old southern name and no-one knows how to pronounce it. All my life I have had to pronouce it for everyone. My name is Mazell ( May Zell). I am so glad you have joined our forum. I have been crocheting many years & I will be glad to help in any way I can and I know all the other folks here feel the same way. Again...Welcome

Thank you everyone! Am so glad I found this forum and joined this wonderfull group of people. I've never seen another forum where the greetings just keep on coming! This is great! :clap

Mazell, I sure will have many questions as I am just at the beginning of this wonderful jorney. I've been knitting for years and just learned to crochet this past spring. Now I see that crochet opens up the whole new world of possibilities and I'm very exited. :cheer

As for my name, I have been thinking to change it to something simpler when I get my US citizenship. When at the end of a day I have to spell it for the 50th time:thair , trust me, I wish my name was something like Mary.:yes

:hi Hi and welcome from the UK:manyheart I know what it's like to always have to spell your name...I'm dutch and I live in the UK and they never quite seem to understand my name:think I personally think you shouldn't change your name it's part of who you are and you should be proud of it:) I know it can be frustrating though:yes

Archived