I'm SO in trouble!!

OK..for some reason I just realized last week that cross stitch patterns can be used to make sc pieces...and now I'm so in trouble!!!

I gave the vast majority of my xstitch books to my MIL about 2 years ago...so I'm going to have to re-build my stash of xstitch patterns again...but I've been searching online for xstitch patterns that I'd like to make up in sc and I've already bookmarked several dozen patterns, plus I've got two phrases that I've charted up to make and one pattern that I'm working as I type...once I get done with my WIP (a triquetra in light green on a white background), I've got two Happy Bunny phrases (Cute but Psycho it all balances and I like boys they're stupid) to make up for a friend (the cute one) and my neice (the boys one)...made sure that my neice ran the phrase past her parents first though!! And my DH has looked at a few of the patterns I've bookmarked and made comments about having a couple of them as blankets for our bed....

I can see this becoming yet another reason to buy yarn, books & patterns for many many many years to come!!!

Jessie

haha I did that too. I dumped a HUGE stack of x stitch pattern books off at the thrift store when I left my husband, then when I moved into my apartment, I wanted to stich some towels for my bathroom. Man was I kicking myself!!

OK..for some reason I just realized last week that cross stitch patterns can be used to make sc pieces...and now I'm so in trouble!!!

I gave the vast majority of my xstitch books to my MIL about 2 years ago...so I'm going to have to re-build my stash of xstitch patterns again...but I've been searching online for xstitch patterns that I'd like to make up in sc and I've already bookmarked several dozen patterns, plus I've got two phrases that I've charted up to make and one pattern that I'm working as I type...once I get done with my WIP (a triquetra in light green on a white background), I've got two Happy Bunny phrases (Cute but Psycho it all balances and I like boys they're stupid) to make up for a friend (the cute one) and my neice (the boys one)...made sure that my neice ran the phrase past her parents first though!! And my DH has looked at a few of the patterns I've bookmarked and made comments about having a couple of them as blankets for our bed....

I can see this becoming yet another reason to buy yarn, books & patterns for many many many years to come!!!

Jessie

Would doing X-stitch in sc be like filet crochet without the the holes?

It sounds easy. I've done X-stirch before ( took forever), but I've never done filet.

Ellie 13

I should look for some cross-stitch magazines. I kept thinking I would not really ever use them. But having a collection of patterns and not having to look things up on line sounds like a great idea!

Elli...I've printed out a couple of filet patterns to use...thinking of doing them in 2 colors, one for the open spaces and one for the solid spaces, so there wouldn't be any openings, all in sc...the picture would still be there, just in a different color instead of in spaces & solid squares...

Blackpurl..yeah...I think I need to hit up my mom for all the millions of xstitch mags she's collected over the last 30 years...LOL!!

Archived