Cost of yarn going up!

I noticed it too. The registers had the higher pricing before it was labelled on the shelfs. So I had to go and get refunds on a bag full.

Michaels has yarn just a few cents lower on RH Super Saver. I guess the increased gas prices are affecting everything. rrrrrrr:angry

Oh nooooooo, they better not raise yarn prices! :eek:bang:thair They can't do that, they musn't do that! It's going to be harder to make my stash grow.

This has been happening a lot lately. Not only that, but most Red Heart Super Saver skeins are 7oz instead of 8oz but for the old 8oz price. If I'm not mistaken, acrylic yarn come from (in part) petrolium or some kind of oil which obviously has risen in price... Now you know why I'm the "coupon lady". :hook

I noticed it too. The registers had the higher pricing before it was labelled on the shelfs. So I had to go and get refunds on a bag full.

Michaels has yarn just a few cents lower on RH Super Saver. I guess the increased gas prices are affecting everything. rrrrrrr:angry

Technically they should have let u keep the shelf prices because they were the ones who advertised it wrong.. costumer accommodation..

That happened to me once with a skein of homespun.. They left the sale price on it and even though the sale ended they HAD to give it to me on sale price just because they forgot to change it.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that prices are going up on EVERYTHING :eek

I have been concentrating on my stash and trying to save money in other ways to account for it. And looking for sales too. Hopefully it won't KEEP going up :angry

I was just at AcMoore's and brought a lot and I mean a lot of cotton yarn in lavender to make a sweater. It was outrageous. I can't belive how much everything is going up.

We wanted to get a medium can of peaches at Wally- Mart and the small get this was a dollar and four cents and something. I put it back ; cause I could get fresh peaches cheaper.

What are we all going to do? PINKROSES

I guess we are all going to have to raise our own sheep and grow our own crop of cotton.......there's going to be a lot of spinning wheels in the backyards, lol! Someone is lining their pockets with something....but it ain't with yarn! These price hikes have got to stop or we will have to take a wheelbarrel of money to the stores. Worst yet, my money tree died out front and there isn't a single green back on it!......it was so dry that it fell over and broke at the base of the trunk.

Daisy, I thought my tree was the only one.....

I guess they must be diseased:haha :haha :haha

Except remember to save the wood for burning in the winter when the

cost of heating your home goes up...:laughroll :laughroll :laughroll:rofl :rofl

:lol:rofl :rofl :rofl Daisy. You crack me up. My green back tree died ages ago. That's why I was so embrassed in AcMoore's.

It isn't jsut yarn eighter and peaches.

Medicne and insurance and everything. What is a person to do? Woe is me. PINKROSES

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who questioned the price of baby yarn at Wal-Mart. It's gone up to $3.50 a skein here. I'm thinking it has gone up a full dollar, but maybe not.

My mom has been noticing the size of everything has been decreasing for a year or two, yet many things are the same price, if not more.

i too noticed the cost of yarn has gone up.not just at walmart either, but then again so has everything else. i just have to decide which is more important, yarn or bread, well duh of course its yarn lol, i hope things turn around sometime soon, but have a bad feeling we are stuck with the price increases and the lesser quality. unfortunetely. this resession9i don;t care what the government says, we are in big trouble and the economy is not getting better, only worse , which is why i keep letting my stash build when i find awesome yarns like today. we have a store called artco and today i found some noro yarns for less than 3.50 a skein. this yarnis normally 17.00 a hank, and then i also got a ton of other yarns for get this 1.00 a skein, yup just a buck. how cool is that lol .. we need to send the president a message, less money out for other things more given for us for yarn :hook :hook :hook

I hope you also received $3.00 off for the first item because that is Wal-Mart policy on honest pricing...If that happened at our Wal-Mart someone would have been in huge trouble. We were told to leave the shelves empty if we had to until the shelf price was changed.

I'm still trying to find more places where I can buy yarn. We have a Rag Shop and a Michaels localy and neither one of them have the best selection of what I was looking for. Hopefully I can find a few other stores

Archived