Check your local library for crochet books

I've done that many times! Some libraries have a better selection than others....at least that's what I found out by looking and searching. But it is a good resource when you are looking for patterns. Thank you for posting this. It's a great heads up to find patterns.:yes

Check and see if your local library has an internet site. Mine does and I can request books, do searches and all kinds of stuff on there. I have found several great crochet books I wouldn't have found otherwise. Several of these books I literally found by typing in the exact title. Some of these weren't in the right category so doing a search under a category didn't show up. I check again probably once a month. You never know what you'll find.

P.S. More and more libraries are going digital to where you can do most everything on line. If yours doesn't have it now, keep checking and bugging them. The more they are "bugged" about something, the more likely they are to make changes.

Check and see if your local library has an internet site. Mine does and I can request books, do searches and all kinds of stuff on there. I have found several great crochet books I wouldn't have found otherwise. Several of these books I literally found by typing in the exact title. Some of these weren't in the right category so doing a search under a category didn't show up. I check again probably once a month. You never know what you'll find.

P.S. More and more libraries are going digital to where you can do most everything on line. If yours doesn't have it now, keep checking and bugging them. The more they are "bugged" about something, the more likely they are to make changes.

My local library doesn't have too many recent crochet books, but I can request the book from any participating library in the state. My library calls me when the books comes in. I discovered, however, that other libraries will not release a book that has been published within the last six months.

Joan

Archived