Kitty Cuddles (Felted Cat Bed Pattern)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I first made the blue and white one, which was a challenge since I have 2 cats. Here are some pics:

First, the original size:

kpbeforesmall.JPG

Then, prior to washing it I actually put it in boiling water:

kpboilsmall.JPG

So I washed it, etc. Mr. Cupcake loved it, and the little one, Nugget was jealous. I made another one for her. I'll post that one soon.

kpfightsmall.JPG

Jean Norton

www.affordabledesigns.net

(Home Embroidery Machine Designs)

• 5 months later...

Here's some photos of my first one:2080209807_c0a86978e6.jpg

2054345377_74b2113fc9.jpg

2054343667_63f67ab52f.jpg

I'll start the other one soon. (two kitties, and Miss Megumi loves hers, and only sorta sometimes kinda lets Seimei lay in it.)

This is Lion Landscapes that I had laying around.

as an experiment with some yarn from my stash, I made a mini one with high sides (I stoped expansion rows with I think #15 or so...) using 2 skeins of Caron's felt it... it'll go by my tv to be a basket to keep the remotes corralled.

I am trying to make this as my first project. I am using Paton's Merino wool for felting with a K hook. I am on #26 19 hdc sts. It looks like maybe I will have to expand to get to 23" prefelted? Or am I doing a tighter stitch with a k hook and it won't felt down as much? I am new to this! Any advice appreciated.

How big was yours before felting?

It seemed ginormous... if it wasn't around 24-25 inches across I'd be surprised. I did make mine about 4 rows wider across, because Seimei is a bit of a plumper, and isn't done growing yet...

It seemed ginormous... if it wasn't around 24-25 inches across I'd be surprised. I did make mine about 4 rows wider across, because Seimei is a bit of a plumper, and isn't done growing yet...

thanks. I think I'll make sure it's at least that big, regardless of amount of stitches.

I just love this kitty bed. I have never felted anything before. Can someone tell me if you can wash it once you have felted it? Or will that change the shape once again?

Lisa

The ones that some people knitted me one said just wash in COLD and reshape while drying. I'm making one of these now and am almost finished. We'll see how it turns out. It is my first project.

OK, need help. This is good, but I am wondering if I should put it through one more cycle of hot wash. Would that stiffen it up a bit or just shrink it more? It's not a bad size, so I think it could still shrink down a little and be fine.

Here is just the bottom:

th_bottombed.jpg

Here is prefelted and felted:

th_prefelt.jpg

th_felted1.jpg

My tester seems to enjoy it, even though it's a tad floppy. She is a medium sized cat so like I said, a bit more shrinkage wouldn't hurt:

th_tester2.jpg

th_tester1.jpg

th_tester3.jpg

Apparently it is comfy:

th_testinset.jpg

This is really for my brother's cats, but I will make her one of her own.

So, should I put it through again? will it help those sides?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this pattern, but am having trouble getting my base circle to lay flat! I've tried a few different size hooks, but it's always too loose, & wants to fold over instead of being flat! Is this normal & will work out after felting, or maybe my HDCs are too loose? It does look awfully"whole-ly" & loose, esp compared to everyone else's pre-felt pics.... Any help or advice is welcome!

Archived