sandyrepope

Question

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.k.. Here is what I came up with.

It isnt the cutest thing.

<snip>

I will finish writing up the pattern and post it .. if anyone will want it?!?!:lol :lol

What do you think??

(waves hand in air) I want i want..... and he is too cute. like the orange hair...hehe

Sandy

G'day!

I am Sheila the Aussie troll doll.

<snip>

Totally different from Kristies.

(My son reckons she looks like something out of Priscilla Queen of the Desert (lol))

I am planning on making her a wradrobe.

I hope you like Sheila.

She is a cutey patootie also. like how her hair can be up or down. :)

Sandy

I was a little worried about the troll dolls, as someone said something about a tail. I checked this morning and what a :rofl :rofl you both gave me. I just love them.

I agree they both need wedding cloths. With Sept coming in soon, how about a cheerleader outfit and a football (American) outfit?

There are so many possibilities it is mind blowing.

Thanks and great job guys.:hook

Oh my gosh!!! :manyheart:applause They are both beyond cute. I so have to make them for myself and maybe if I'm feeling nice and have time, I'll make one for the hubby. You both did such a wonderful job!

Kassi

Great job on the troll dolls, girls!!! FYI...many many years ago when my FIL was working at an ad agency (we are a family of ad execs), my FIL was hired to come up with a gimmic for a client. Something that the client would be recognized with. Something unusual. Something totally out-of-this-world. He had no directions from the client other than it had to be small and weird. My FIL was the original created/designer of troll dolls. They were a huge hit. He had forgotten about them years later when I joined the family and one day my daughter was playing with her collection. My FIL asked immediately where I got them. I told him everywhere as they were the trend about 20 years ago (when my dd was little) and when I was little (million years ago). That's when I heard the story of how they came to be and that he was the original designer.

He also did "Tiger by the Tail" for the gas company and many other slogans/PR gimmics we've all seen and heard thru our lives. He's retired now.

Just thought y'all would like to know this bit of trivia. True, too.

What a great story Diamond. Did he become rich and famous out of the trolls or was this before the concept of intellectual property etc became common? I am not sure if anyone owns the copyright for the troll doll.

What a great story Diamond. Did he become rich and famous out of the trolls or was this before the concept of intellectual property etc became common? I am not sure if anyone owns the copyright for the troll doll.

No, he didn't get rich & famous or even get any royalties from the sales. He was hired to create it and because he worked for an ad agency, everything they did was for the client and not for themselves. Nowadays, if someone comes up with a gimmic, they pattern it before releasing it to the client. The client can use the item as part of their promotional campaign but won't own the copyright or pattern. But that's all part of the contracts.

The Shrek is so gorgeous. I love both the trolls and Shrek is really a bit of a cross between the two. I am Australian like Cupcake, but my SIL is English. Maybe I will try to make the Aussie Troll for her to send to her family.

Archived