*Dee*

Another baby blanket

I believe there is a baby epidemic happening with my friends and co-wokers. This is the third baby blanket that I have made since April, all different. I'm not complaining tho ..... I love doing them for the new little arrivals! They are all made with a prayer for a happy, healthy and warm (with love) life!!

This, so far, is my favorite. But I do need opinions, please. Should I add fringe to the straight edge, or since the side edges are "rippled", should I leave the fringe off?

Thanks in advance!

IM000341.jpg

beautiful! I say no fringe.

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors and pattern. I say no fringe it is perfect the way it is. Great job.:manyheart

What a beautiful blanket. I love the colours. I have to agree with the others though, no fringe. The blanket looks just lovely as it is.

It is great as it is no fringe. GORGEOUS!

I love the colors. I think maybe a row of sc all ard. will eliminate the ripple effect.

jaye

beautiful.

i personally dont do fringe on anything. so i'm for the no fringe

where did you get that pattern? it really is beautiful

It is perfect just the way that it is.......it's gorgeous! No fringe!

I must say that is sooooo beautiful! I also vote for no fringe, it's great and perfect the way it is. Great job!!!!:clap

I agree with the others, no fringe.

Love the blanket! No fringe, I think also. Where did you find that pattern??

I love it. You should leave it just as is. Just curious is that the 5 day lovie pattern from Bev's Country Cottage? It looks familiar.

I would not put any fringe on the baby blanket ,,,, baby's can choke on the fringe,, as they love to put things into their mouth and suck on it. In this case it can choke them and get stuck in their throat. I would get all the colors you crochet with and join them as 1 and use bigger hook and put a border on the baby blanket. blue,,yellow,,purple,,green,, pink crochet all together with a bigger hook.

love the baby blanket looks beautiful !

I agree, no fringe. The blanket is beautiful and sure to be loved.

Ditto - No Fringe - looks wonderful just as it is. Is that the crazy stitch?

With the others here, no fringe, and absolutely gorgeous!

I think no fringe. I love it the way it is.

Thank you all for your kind words and your opinions. I will not fringe this one :D .

The pattern is one of Vanna's called Pastel Bands Afghan. I did make several changes, tho ... the main one being the stripes. The original has the stripes going horizontal, but after doing the initial chain of 232, I thought that it was way too wide! :blush So I worked it in the color pattern of my choice and when that was done, turned it sideways. The ripples on the sides are the way that the pattern is worked - those would have gotten lost in the original pattern. Once I got started, this pattern is really easy to do!

Thanks again to all!! As said so-o-o-o many times before, this forum with all you super ladies and gents are the best!!!! :manyheart

SOOO beautiful...great job on the colors!