Any Long Islanders

Jill814

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Now I live in Morocco, but I was originally from Smithtown.....I do manage to get back for a visit every few years and would so love to get together with other Crochetville members!

Awesome!

Sakurasaku, I have always wanted to meet you......you were the first Long Islander I was aware of here at the 'ville, hope you won't feel too shy to get to know your Crochetville friends..........Getting to know all the local crocheters will be a blast!

Hi Li Roe (who knew the LI stood for Long Island! LOL!)....there are a lot of crochetville members on Long Island...... There is AuntBubbels too out in Brooklyn....I suppose she hasn't seen this thread yet.....Jill, where are you? And Janey....you are practically in my backyard! There is also this thread with other Long Island members posted

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44500

Would love to meet some local hookers! :hook LOL

Keep posting and I will make a concerted effort to join in. None of my friends crochet, and the knitters in my family (mom and sister) are 400 miles from here. I am on the South Shore, in Nassau, but practically right on the county line, so it is fairly easy to get anywhere.

Thanks!

Ooh, I'm getting psyched about meeting you other L.I. crocheters.

So now we have to figure out what would be a reasonably central place for us to meet. And a date and time that's good for us all. I'm thinking maybe the cafe in a Borders or Barnes & Noble. That way we could sit and chat, have coffee (or tea) and crochet. There's a Borders on Vets Hwy in Commack, and there's a B&N on Route 110 south of the Walt Whitman mall.

Any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Dani,

Why don't we give it a few more days to see if anyone else wants to meet up? I wonder what happened to all the other people who said they were interested. I have no problem with it just being the 2 of us, but it would be lots of fun if we had a group. So come on, LI crocheters, don't be shy. Let us know if you still want to meet, and if you have any additional suggestions about a place.

Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a few days. I'd prefer B&N on 110, as I live right over the county line in Nassau (Massapequa). Just say when. I will try to remember to check more often. Looking forward to meeting you!

Oh! I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous:irk! I want to meet with you all too, but I am still in Morocco at present, with no :no plans of visiting the states for a while.......:(

Debbie - So sorry you won't be here.

FootballMom - Great!

Now, what happened to Jill814, Sakurasaku and LIRoe, who said they were interested? And what about Spiderallis and Jadzia, who started the other Long Island thread? Come out, come out wherever you are. Come out to join us for a crochet meetup, that is.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Lefty10,:hi

Yes, Danitello, FootballMom and I met for the first time this past Monday at Barnes & Noble on Rte 110.

It was just the 3 of us, but we had a lovely time getting to know one another. I'm sure I'm speaking for all 3 of us when I say we'd love to have more crocheters join us the next time we get together (which we haven't scheduled yet), so I'll keep you posted.

• 7 months later...

Archived