wicca patterns

Sahmlock

Question

Ok, so I tossed around the idea of writing this post..because my intention is NOT offend anyone...

But I did a search on the web and cant find anything...and I wanted to make something for my friend....She always gives me nice crosses, and the such.....So I thought why not go the extra mile and do something that SHE will appreciate.

BUT, I cant find any sites that offer crochet patterns of anything that is wicca related...and it doesnt help that I have basically no idea what i am looking for! hahaha

• Answers 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't crochet but it's so pretty. Thought I'd share in case someone's interested. I've bought from this lady before and she's very nice. I was checking my Favorite Sellers on Etsy just now, and found this. I'm of Christian beliefs, but I still love these designs and have enjoyed reading this thread & looking at some of the links (there are so many wonderful designs!)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9934397

A pentacle is easy to make - just a star with a circle crocheted around it. There's a couple patterns here on the forum, a celtic one that I intend to make, and a link a friend posted to one I designed before I joined here.

hugs,

Katy

I got a feeling tonight to come on and "bump" this thread up. So, here goes

Has anyone found any good pagan/wiccan patterns lately? or made any to share? have you started getting ready for Hallows?

Sandy

Come Samhain, I make all kinds of things. I get green yarn and crochet long chains, wiith leaves every so often for a pumpkin patch. Crochet a few different size pumpkins, and use that chain, and voila...pumpkin patch. I crochet little bats, ghosts and all kinds of other things.

Blessed Be,

Autumn

talk about small world. lol. someone posted this pattern to a yahoo group i belong to and i was intending to come and revive this thread by posting it, also. Thank you for beating me to it. :)

Sandy

I see this thread is 3 years old, but I came across this pattern the other day and thought someone may be interested.

http://kimby77.blogspot.com/2008/01/avatar-four-elements.html

I have just spent a couple hours goign through this thread! I am a Wiccan High Priestess and crafter. I have spent hours trying to find patterns. This thread has helped emensly! If I find any paterns that have not been listed here I will add them.

Also some of the sites are no longer viable such as the ones that were on Hometown but its ok. I have new keywords to search with. Again thanks and many blessings!

I haven't read this thread in awhile either. I was trying to catch up ;) and I found the link to Stitchin' Witches (the yahoo group). I went and joined. I have a couple of pagan patterns, a pentacle and a goddess bookmark. they are both listed at Crochet Pattern Central.

Let's keep this thread going. There are more and more people walking this path that probably can't find any pagan patterns. I know I couldn't at first. I was online tonight looking for books on pagan crafts - then this thread popped up. I'm so glad.

I see this thread is 3 years old, but I came across this pattern the other day and thought someone may be interested.

http://kimby77.blogspot.com/2008/01/avatar-four-elements.html

This is awesome! Thanks for posting the link! I'll have to make this for 'me' after I finish what I've got started. Well, I'm making a pentacle afghan for a friend next. I'm using the 'star overlay square'

http://yarncrazy.blogspot.com/2009/05/star-overlay.html

and I'm going to make the area between the star and the main part of the square in a different color to show off the circle around the star. She wants it done in purple and black, so I will probably use something like lavender or orchid to go between the purple and black.

OH!! i like that, katy. Thank you for posting it. ideas are popping up in my head.... but 1st, i must finish a few (or many) ufo's. focus has been an issue this past year, and i am changing it w/ the coming year.

Sandy

I know this thread is old but I love all the links. I am pagan also. The path I follow is Kitchen Witchery. Right now I am working on things for my new grandbaby that is coming in April. For her paganing I made her a little cape with matching booties. I love the pentacle shawls, and I was thinking of turning the pattern from shawl to a baby blanket for her paganing, which is going to be held at Beltane. I love that on here that everyone is so open-minded and so wonderful about each other's different paths, this is just awesome.

Blessings

Kitchenwitch

oh, please share picts of her in her paganing outfit. I bet she will be adorable.

yes, everyone is so accepting here. i was so scared initially to let folks know i was a witche (from my real life experiences) so was so pleasantly surprised. :)

Merry Meet and Welcome to the ville,

sandy

I'd love to see the pics!

We are trying to keep this thread alive so one of us pops on from time to time to post something. I worked up a pattern for a pentacle bookmark this morning but since I at present have no internet access unless I'm at my son's house, I can post the photo and I do want to add the photo when I add the pattern. I'm gonna have to tweak it a bit, put the bookmark 'tail' on the opposite side of where I put is so when it hangs on the spine of the book, the pentacle will be upright. I really hope to have a working pc soon .... just needs a hard drive and a cd drive .... that's all :angry!

I've never gotten past the free patterns to check for groups here. Maybe we could have one if someone has the computer savvy to put one together? I'd join. I'm not online much but replies to this thread goes to my inbox.

this thread was just started today, and it's NOT promoted as wiccan. however, i can see how we can use it as such.

it's a star, and like row 4 or 5 is a circle. so do the 1st 2 rows in an elemental color(?) or in a star color and then do row 3 n 4 in maybe white for a neutral space (or black), row 5 in a color for the circle, fthen do the rest in bg color.

or can do the 1st 4 or 5 rows (the complete center star and outline of star) in 1 color, do the circle row in another and then the rest in a bg color(?)

what do y'all think?

Sandy

Thank you! ;)

I found this download for a pentacle pattern, I opened it and began to make it.

I left it open and went to bed. Woke up and the pattern was gone (yahoo groups error). its a .pat file. Anyone know how to get that pattern to open again?? lol

I even downloaded pattern maker for PC which is what the lady said she used to create it. It won't open it.

sigh.. I'm 1/2 way through this dishcloth.. with no diagram!

:(

Laura

ok, 1st you may want to reboot your computer, if you havent. then go back to cpc (im presuming thats where you found it through, forgive me if it's not) and see if you can find it there to reopen it.

if not, perhaps try looking at your history bkmarks for it. or even maybe your recent options.

do you remember (even part of) the web addy for it?

Sandy

Archived