wicca patterns

Sahmlock

Question

Ok, so I tossed around the idea of writing this post..because my intention is NOT offend anyone...

But I did a search on the web and cant find anything...and I wanted to make something for my friend....She always gives me nice crosses, and the such.....So I thought why not go the extra mile and do something that SHE will appreciate.

BUT, I cant find any sites that offer crochet patterns of anything that is wicca related...and it doesnt help that I have basically no idea what i am looking for! hahaha

• Answers 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you read my post above and click on the link, you'll see the site owner posts here and mentions about closing medidit but will put up patterns on her other site if you let her know.

;)

Sorry, I'd not gotten that far when I tried to help and posted the info that I'd found :)

Sandy

OK ~ I have some to add to your pattern stashes. I'm sorry I do not have the links, but I think the information is clear enough to find these. They are worth Googling.

Debgirlpower’s pentagon shaped afghan. I think this would make a great ritual table cover ~ any size, any combination of colors.

Small rippled bag by Julie A. Bolduc. This was originally designed to be a cosmetic bag. This is almost like a tulip shape. I can see keeping gemstones, ritual items and keepsakes in here. Cute for dress up. Great gift item.

Pixie Purse from Bellaonline Crochet. When I saw this one, it immediately struck me that this would be a great festival bag. If you can’t do beading, make little tassles to hang from the bottom and ends of the cord. I would like to make the strap much thinner and longer.

Star and Moon Pillows by Melissa Mall of Inner Child Crochet. They speak for themselves.

Swirls of Stars Tarot Spread Cloth from Llewellyn’s. This pattern is at Crochet Pattern Central right now.

Real Deal

OK ~ I have some to add to your pattern stashes. I'm sorry I do not have the links, but I think the information is clear enough to find these. They are worth Googling.

Debgirlpower’s pentagon shaped afghan. I think this would make a great ritual table cover ~ any size, any combination of colors.

Small rippled bag by Julie A. Bolduc. This was originally designed to be a cosmetic bag. This is almost like a tulip shape. I can see keeping gemstones, ritual items and keepsakes in here. Cute for dress up. Great gift item.

Pixie Purse from Bellaonline Crochet. When I saw this one, it immediately struck me that this would be a great festival bag. If you can’t do beading, make little tassles to hang from the bottom and ends of the cord. I would like to make the strap much thinner and longer.

Star and Moon Pillows by Melissa Mall of Inner Child Crochet. They speak for themselves.

Swirls of Stars Tarot Spread Cloth from Llewellyn’s. This pattern is at Crochet Pattern Central right now.

Real Deal

Swirls of Stars Tarot Spread Cloth from Llewellyn’s

http://www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/article.php?id=1267

I have this one because I just added it to Ravelry! :)

Just hadda go look up the others to check them out, here are the links I found, for reference:

http://www.innerchildcrochet.com/patterns/free_patterns.html

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art11383.asp

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/free/bags/f125003cosmeticbag.shtml

http://hometown.aol.com/debgirlpower/Debgirlpower.html

Thank you Mermaiden for finding the links for the patterns I added. You're so kind.

I keep a file I named "Unusual" for anything I find that isn't run-of-the-mill. The Debgirlpower pentagon is one of my planned projects in the next year.

Real Deal

I got one of the best books I have see in a long time.

Magical Needlework: 35 Original Projects & Patterns by Morrison, Dorothy

I has lots of different crafts in it too!

My DH is getting me 2 others too for my b-day ~

http://www.willowsplace.com/shop/detail.asp?id=BP0004&old_category=Books&old_subcategory=&old_pg=1

http://www.willowsplace.com/shop/listing.asp?category=Books&old_category=Books&subcategory=&pg=2

Last night I did a search for pagan crochet and wicca and found very little until I opened this thread I did not quite find what I was looking for , but with all the helpful links in this thread I came up with my own pattern.

And I thought someone else might enjoy it as well. a pentagram pentacle block

pentagramcro.jpg

I will gladly share the pattern with anyone interested.

Thank You ,

Scenna

Last night I did a search for pagan crochet and wicca and found very little until I opened this thread I did not quite find what I was looking for , but with all the helpful links in this thread I came up with my own pattern.

And I thought someone else might enjoy it as well. a pentagram pentacle block

pentagramcro.jpg

I will gladly share the pattern with anyone interested.

Thank You ,

Scenna

That is absolutly brilliant!!!

What a great thread! I too have been hesitant to post mentioning Wicca, Paganism, etc. for fear of offending some or drawing fire from others. I now live deep in the Bible belt and deep in my closet since moving back to OK. It's nice to know there's a quiet little thread of folks who are OK with all this... Thank you all for the links to other communities as well - it's lonely and dark in here...

What a great thread! I too have been hesitant to post mentioning Wicca, Paganism, etc. for fear of offending some or drawing fire from others. I now live deep in the Bible belt and deep in my closet since moving back to OK. It's nice to know there's a quiet little thread of folks who are OK with all this... Thank you all for the links to other communities as well - it's lonely and dark in here...

This is a wonderful supportive group...so come out and join us in the Light. :D

Can I just say.. without anyone getting into a tizzy about it.

That if someone were to give me a broom stick cover or something like that I would be offended.

I am Wiccan .. My whole family is. We do not associate ourselves with witch craft.. We don't "do" magic.

And we and most other wiccans we know.. don't prefer blood red or black things. We cherish nature.

Through movies like The Craft and others people just assume Wicca means witch and witch means Goth.

Just had to put that out there.

I am in no way offended by the thread at all.. I think its great to put it out there... Just speaking my peace.

If someone were to give me a gift of Mother natural in natural colors, It would tickle me pink :)

I have a lot of Christian friends and often make them cross bookmarks and such.

Hope I didn't tick anyone off!

Merry Path

I do have a pattern for a Tarot Card Holder. It's pretty generic, but I like mine. I will have to put the pic on here tomorrow, because the camera batteries are charging now...but the pattern is as follows.

Tarot Pack Holder

Fits a standard Ryder Waite pack. Adjustments can be made for another type of deck.

Size F Hook

Cotton Yarn

Ch 8

Round 1) 3 sc in second st from hook, sc in next 5 st, 5 sc in 1st ch, sc in each of next 5 st, 2 sc in last st. Join with a sl st in 1st sc.

Round 2) Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, sc-ch2-sc in next st, sc in next 7 st, sc-ch2-sc in next st, sc in next st, sc-ch2-sc in next st, sc in next 7 sc, sc-ch2-sc in next st, join with a sl st in first sc.

Round 3) Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, sc in next st, sc-ch2-sc in ch2 sp, sc in next 9 st, sc-ch2-sc in ch2 sp, sc in next 3 st, sc-ch2-sc in ch2 sp, sc in next 9 st, sc-ch2-sc in ch2 sp, sc in next st, join with a sl st in beginning sc.

Round 4) WORKED IN BACK LOOP ONLY. Ch 2 (counts as first hdc), hdc in next 2 sc, hdc in ch2 sp, hdc in next 11 sc, hdc in ch2 sp, hdc in next 5 sc, hdc in ch2 sp, hdc in next 11 sc, hdc in ch2 sp, hdc in next 2 sc, join with a sl st in top of beginning ch2.

Round 5 - 18) Ch 2, hdc in next 35 sts, join with a sl st in top of ch 2.

Row 19) Turn. Sl St to next corner, ch1, in FRONT LOOP ONLY, sc in same st, sc in next 12 st, ch1, turn.

Row 20 - 24) sc in same st and each st across. 13 sc. Ch1, turn.

Row 25) Sc in FRONT LOOP ONLY of same st and each st across. 13 sc. Ch1, turn.

Row 26) Sc in 1st st, skip 2, (3 dc-ch1-3 dc) all in next st, skip 2, sc in next st, skip 2 , (3 dc-ch1-3 dc) all in next st, skip 2, sc in last st. Turn.

Row 27) Ch 3, 2 dc in same st, sc in ch 1 sp of shell, (3 dc-ch1-3 dc) all in sc between 1st and 2nd shells of last row, sc in next ch 1 sp, 3 dc in last st, ch1, turn.

Row 28) Sc in first st, skip 2, 3 dc in next st, skip 2, (3 dc-ch1-3 dc) in ch1 space of shell of last row, skip 3, 3 dc in next st, skip 2, sc in ltop of ch 3 of last row. Tie off.

Blessed Be.

Autumn - you should post the pattern with pics to the Original Patterns folder.

If someone is offended then they do not need to look at the pattern or even open the thread. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs regardless of other people's opinions. Not everyone here is a radical believer and if they are offensive to you Amy will remove the posts.

Archived