wicca patterns

Sahmlock

Question

Ok, so I tossed around the idea of writing this post..because my intention is NOT offend anyone...

But I did a search on the web and cant find anything...and I wanted to make something for my friend....She always gives me nice crosses, and the such.....So I thought why not go the extra mile and do something that SHE will appreciate.

BUT, I cant find any sites that offer crochet patterns of anything that is wicca related...and it doesnt help that I have basically no idea what i am looking for! hahaha

• Answers 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just to maybe throw it out there what about a blanket with the diffrent moon phases us wiccans go off the moon phases and then add some stars in... or just a small black bag if she carries her crystals with her ... or how about a table cloth that she could maybe use for her alter ....

Anyone know where to find a pattern for a granny square pentagram?

If I remember correctly, there is a pattern in one of the books I got for my birthday. It's labeled as being a star but I think with the color changes, you could make it a distinct pentagram center.

PM me so I remember to look it up at home. (I'm traveling for work today.)

copchic,

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but there is a 5 pointed star in a square pattern here <<http://www.angelfire.com/home/bobbiescrochet/starsq.html>> and I'm not sure where they are, but believe crochet crone on here has a website w/ pentagram squares on it.

Sandy

Anyone know where to find a pattern for a granny square pentagram?

Since it is copyrighted material, I can't post the actual pattern. But you can probably get this from either your local library or purchase it at the bookstore or from Amazon.

The pattern is found in this book:

300 Crochet Stitches

(The Harmony Guides V. 6)

Under "Motifs" on page 60, there is a 2-color star.

495346350_ea36d83628_m.jpg

I think the pattern could be modified to change the star from solid to one showing just the lines. You could also stitch over it after the star was made to make the star lines.

Hope this helps. :D

I wish I had some usefull sites to add here, but I have sat here for the last hour and read through each and every post and found it truly exciting to find all these fantastic links. Anyways, wanted to say that It has been great reading and it is definitely bookmarked :) Don't wanna loose it.

Liz

I've made up my own pentacle shawl pattern after not being able to find any of interest on the 'net. I've mainly done these as gifts and on consignment at local craft stores, and take orders at pagan events and such. I moreso enjoy customizing these for people as opposed to just hooking them up to get them done.

I have a link to some pictures of more recent ones here:

http://flickr.com/photos/raevynnoir/sets/72157600201338918/

I'm currently working on getting the pattern ready for sale or distribution or whatever I decide. The pattern so far includes basic filet instructions, the graph, and also a "numbered" graph for those of us that don't like looking at little squares - bold numbers are blocks, normal numbers are mesh. The pattern is just for the base shawl, and doesn't include any of the embellishment instructions - as I like folks to make their own.

I've actually been thinking of putting together a witchy crochet-a-long with my pattern - specifics being that participants would HAVE to personalize it - more than just a ruffled edging or something - if you check out the pictures of the Sunflowers of Mabon shawl, then you'll catch the drift of what I'm meaning.

Right now, I'm working on my Midsummer Shawl - and hating the colors. I'm just not a 'bright' kinda gal - but we'll see how it turns out.

I sooo loved the link to the pattern for the crocheted rune set - my significant other reads runes and collects different types, so this will be a good Yule gift. * cough * I didnt' just say Yule, did i!?!??!

LOVING this thread....super ideas!

Merry Meet Valerie,

Welcome to crochetville and congrats on finding this thread. :) Lots of good links on here, and hopefully we can add more soon, as well.

Blessed Be

Sandy

Ok, so I tossed around the idea of writing this post..because my intention is NOT offend anyone...

But I did a search on the web and cant find anything...and I wanted to make something for my friend....She always gives me nice crosses, and the such.....So I thought why not go the extra mile and do something that SHE will appreciate.

BUT, I cant find any sites that offer crochet patterns of anything that is wicca related...and it doesnt help that I have basically no idea what i am looking for! hahaha

I am gald you did. I have the same prob. I didn't want to offend, but the more I read posts here at the 'ville the more I realize that there is a lack of discrimination. I am starting to think of this place as a REALLY large comfortably-close family. :hug Imagine THAT family reunion! :D

Anyway I have looked and looked and have have no luck either. I have looked at the suggestions here and liked most of them. So if anyone has anymore it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a practicing Pagan myself and wanted to tell you that I think it's incredibly sweet of you to want to make something for your friend that's related to her religion. :):hug

Here is a couple of links:

http://www.medidit.com/free/godess.htm goddess form

Okay I remember reading somewhere at the 'Ville that this site was going away; I think the patterns were merged to another site, but I just can't seem to find it! Anyone?

Okay I remember reading somewhere at the 'Ville that this site was going away; I think the patterns were merged to another site, but I just can't seem to find it! Anyone?

If you go to the homepage <www.medidit.com> it says they are closed and gives to other links (spotted tail designs at http://www.spottedtailgate.com/ and hook, yarn, and needle at http://www.hookyarnandneedles.com/) though I don't see any of the old patterns there.

Sandy

If you go to the homepage <www.medidit.com> it says they are closed and gives to other links (spotted tail designs at http://www.spottedtailgate.com/ and hook, yarn, and needle at http://www.hookyarnandneedles.com/) though I don't see any of the old patterns there.

Sandy

If you read my post above and click on the link, you'll see the site owner posts here and mentions about closing medidit but will put up patterns on her other site if you let her know.

;)

Archived