wicca patterns

Sahmlock

Question

Ok, so I tossed around the idea of writing this post..because my intention is NOT offend anyone...

But I did a search on the web and cant find anything...and I wanted to make something for my friend....She always gives me nice crosses, and the such.....So I thought why not go the extra mile and do something that SHE will appreciate.

BUT, I cant find any sites that offer crochet patterns of anything that is wicca related...and it doesnt help that I have basically no idea what i am looking for! hahaha

• Answers 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are quite a few in this thread if you go back and scan the messages. I have a crochet pentacle pattern and a goddess bookmark. Maria Merlino has some really nice shawls - pentacle & goddess. If you are an Etsy members, you can find some there. Melbangel has some nice patterns. Neither Maria's nor Melbangel's are free however. I just noticed you said free after I'd already typed that in.

Good luck and happy hooking :)

I don't know if this has been posted on this thread (with my memory, I could've posted it & forgot it LOL). There's a 'Blessed Mother Prayer Shawl' on Ravelry that is free. I think it is a great representation of the Mother Goddess. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/blessed-mother-prayer-shawl

found a new pentagram pattern for a small afghan that i wanted to share

have a safe and fun independence wknd.

Sandy

This is yummy, too....with DC you can make this a bigger size as a graphghan.

this thread was just started today, and it's NOT promoted as wiccan. however, i can see how we can use it as such.

it's a star, and like row 4 or 5 is a circle. so do the 1st 2 rows in an elemental color(?) or in a star color and then do row 3 n 4 in maybe white for a neutral space (or black), row 5 in a color for the circle, fthen do the rest in bg color.

or can do the 1st 4 or 5 rows (the complete center star and outline of star) in 1 color, do the circle row in another and then the rest in a bg color(?)

what do y'all think?

Sandy

Love the pattern! I can see it in purple...many other possibiiities. It's definitely on my WIM list.

Thanks for finiding the link, Sandy:c9

I found a free crochet pattern for a kitchen witch!

http://copdandsomuchmore.com/hallowcrowitch.html

I love this! I have been looking for one for ages! I remember my grandmother had one when I was younger but don't know what happened to it. I am so thankful for this thread. I have been in the broom closet for the last 10 years due to in-law issues, but I think it's time to come out! You guys are the best :hug

Thanks! I've never crocheted from a graph. Guess I will figure out how and give it a try.

I believe there is a thread in the CAL catagory that is about graphghans (beginners and non beginners...) and that it was started by moomoo. worth a shot in case you have any questions. good luck :)

Sandy

I don't know if it's been mentioned or not but I found it in the patterns for sale forum, which I've stayed away from because I've no money. Melbangel has an etsy shop where she has a venus of willendorf goddess, the goddess kali, mother mary, and that's just the ones I saw. She also has a pregnant woman which would make a fantastic gaia. I won't have any money at all until my SS check comes in, so I thought I'd tell you folks about it.

This pattern is only free TODAY (June 5, '10) and I'm late getting on the computer but I hope some of you can snag it. It's a 'star dreamcatcher' and she uses it to represent when Jesus was born, but I think it would look like a pentacle when it's done:

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/featured/p103004.shtml

thank you katy, i snagged it. very pretty.

Sandy

This pattern is only free TODAY (June 5, '10) and I'm late getting on the computer but I hope some of you can snag it. It's a 'star dreamcatcher' and she uses it to represent when Jesus was born, but I think it would look like a pentacle when it's done:

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/featured/p103004.shtml

I will look for more pagan-adaptable patterns now that I finally got a computer and internet access at home. We're visiting his family in NC today so it will be after we get home to TN.

The Yggdrasil pattern that is knitted is gorgeous. I went to look to see the difference in it and the Lion Brand 'tree of life'.

I started playing with a cross stitch program last night and made a pattern of the goddess. I hope you all enjoy !

I'm still learning to play with this program so if you have any changes that work better let me know :)

Laura in VA

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss100/mediumlauraevans/Goddess%20graph%20-%20filet%20crochet/goddessgraph1.jpg

Thank you! ;)

I found this download for a pentacle pattern, I opened it and began to make it.

I left it open and went to bed. Woke up and the pattern was gone (yahoo groups error). its a .pat file. Anyone know how to get that pattern to open again?? lol

I even downloaded pattern maker for PC which is what the lady said she used to create it. It won't open it.

sigh.. I'm 1/2 way through this dishcloth.. with no diagram!

:(

Laura

ok, 1st you may want to reboot your computer, if you havent. then go back to cpc (im presuming thats where you found it through, forgive me if it's not) and see if you can find it there to reopen it.

if not, perhaps try looking at your history bkmarks for it. or even maybe your recent options.

do you remember (even part of) the web addy for it?

Sandy

Yes :) I finally got it. Silly me.. I had saved the file as a PDF. I had it! :) I'll post up what I made and then I also designed the goddess too :)

Laura

ok, 1st you may want to reboot your computer, if you havent. then go back to cpc (im presuming thats where you found it through, forgive me if it's not) and see if you can find it there to reopen it.

if not, perhaps try looking at your history bkmarks for it. or even maybe your recent options.

do you remember (even part of) the web addy for it?

Sandy

Oh, yes, I want to see what you made. The couple of patterns that I have designed I came up with out sheer frustration that I could find very little pagan patterns online.

Yes :) I finally got it. Silly me.. I had saved the file as a PDF. I had it! :) I'll post up what I made and then I also designed the goddess too :)

Laura

Archived