wicca patterns

Sahmlock

Question

Ok, so I tossed around the idea of writing this post..because my intention is NOT offend anyone...

But I did a search on the web and cant find anything...and I wanted to make something for my friend....She always gives me nice crosses, and the such.....So I thought why not go the extra mile and do something that SHE will appreciate.

BUT, I cant find any sites that offer crochet patterns of anything that is wicca related...and it doesnt help that I have basically no idea what i am looking for! hahaha

• Answers 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK ~ I have some to add to your pattern stashes. I'm sorry I do not have the links, but I think the information is clear enough to find these. They are worth Googling.

Debgirlpower’s pentagon shaped afghan. I think this would make a great ritual table cover ~ any size, any combination of colors.

Small rippled bag by Julie A. Bolduc. This was originally designed to be a cosmetic bag. This is almost like a tulip shape. I can see keeping gemstones, ritual items and keepsakes in here. Cute for dress up. Great gift item.

Pixie Purse from Bellaonline Crochet. When I saw this one, it immediately struck me that this would be a great festival bag. If you can’t do beading, make little tassles to hang from the bottom and ends of the cord. I would like to make the strap much thinner and longer.

Star and Moon Pillows by Melissa Mall of Inner Child Crochet. They speak for themselves.

Swirls of Stars Tarot Spread Cloth from Llewellyn’s. This pattern is at Crochet Pattern Central right now.

Real Deal

Swirls of Stars Tarot Spread Cloth from Llewellyn’s

http://www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/article.php?id=1267

I have this one because I just added it to Ravelry! :)

Just hadda go look up the others to check them out, here are the links I found, for reference:

http://www.innerchildcrochet.com/patterns/free_patterns.html

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art11383.asp

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/free/bags/f125003cosmeticbag.shtml

http://hometown.aol.com/debgirlpower/Debgirlpower.html

(slaps forehead) I didn't think to check to see if the picts were clickable...lol. the black rows do add a special contrast to it. I've made several, but not for me yet... and may have to pull out some of my ocean to make 1. awsome job. :)

Sandy

A pentacle is easy to make - just a star with a circle crocheted around it. There's a couple patterns here on the forum, a celtic one that I intend to make, and a link a friend posted to one I designed before I joined here.

hugs,

Katy

Last night I did a search for pagan crochet and wicca and found very little until I opened this thread I did not quite find what I was looking for , but with all the helpful links in this thread I came up with my own pattern.

And I thought someone else might enjoy it as well. a pentagram pentacle block

pentagramcro.jpg

I will gladly share the pattern with anyone interested.

Thank You ,

Scenna

That is absolutly brilliant!!!

Ok, so I tossed around the idea of writing this post..because my intention is NOT offend anyone...

But I did a search on the web and cant find anything...and I wanted to make something for my friend....She always gives me nice crosses, and the such.....So I thought why not go the extra mile and do something that SHE will appreciate.

BUT, I cant find any sites that offer crochet patterns of anything that is wicca related...and it doesnt help that I have basically no idea what i am looking for! hahaha

I am gald you did. I have the same prob. I didn't want to offend, but the more I read posts here at the 'ville the more I realize that there is a lack of discrimination. I am starting to think of this place as a REALLY large comfortably-close family. :hug Imagine THAT family reunion! :D

Anyway I have looked and looked and have have no luck either. I have looked at the suggestions here and liked most of them. So if anyone has anymore it would be greatly appreciated.

I'd love to see the pics!

We are trying to keep this thread alive so one of us pops on from time to time to post something. I worked up a pattern for a pentacle bookmark this morning but since I at present have no internet access unless I'm at my son's house, I can post the photo and I do want to add the photo when I add the pattern. I'm gonna have to tweak it a bit, put the bookmark 'tail' on the opposite side of where I put is so when it hangs on the spine of the book, the pentacle will be upright. I really hope to have a working pc soon .... just needs a hard drive and a cd drive .... that's all :angry!

just to maybe throw it out there what about a blanket with the diffrent moon phases us wiccans go off the moon phases and then add some stars in... or just a small black bag if she carries her crystals with her ... or how about a table cloth that she could maybe use for her alter ....

What a great thread! I too have been hesitant to post mentioning Wicca, Paganism, etc. for fear of offending some or drawing fire from others. I now live deep in the Bible belt and deep in my closet since moving back to OK. It's nice to know there's a quiet little thread of folks who are OK with all this... Thank you all for the links to other communities as well - it's lonely and dark in here...

Thanks! Actually, it's good ole' Red Heart. Varigated, yes - Gemstone is the color, plus some done in plain black: around the outer, plus one of those two rings that weave together. (easier to see that when clicked to enlarge)

I found a free crochet pattern for a kitchen witch!

http://copdandsomuchmore.com/hallowcrowitch.html

I love this! I have been looking for one for ages! I remember my grandmother had one when I was younger but don't know what happened to it. I am so thankful for this thread. I have been in the broom closet for the last 10 years due to in-law issues, but I think it's time to come out! You guys are the best :hug

Sahmlock,

Thank you soooo much for posting this thread. I too am Wiccan and have always wanted to ask about patterns on this site but was afraid to. I should have known better. Everyone is so wonderful, nice and has such beautiful hearts that they wouldn't have burned anyone at the stake:lol just for asking for a pattern.

I got some wonderful ideas for gifts for my Wiccan friends and shawls and blankets for me.

I can't wait to get started.

Thank you again for asking the question I was afraid to ask and thank you to everyone who has replied with patterns and kind words.

Blessed Be

Yarnbunny

ok, i am posting a pattern that is REALLY awsome, but is a knit pattern (i know at least some of us knit, so crocheters only, please don't hate me if you like it also). anywho, on ravelry a friend found this pattern for the the norse tree of life, Yggdrasil , and forwarded it to me. the original link was from knitting daily...and here be the link for it there

hope yall like it also. :)

sandy

The 'Ville is great at bringing people together. I found a new friend this week. I also found that Ravelry has groups and there are several witchy groups there. I've not had time to check out the boards and see if i can score some more great patterns. Since I had no idea those groups were there, I thought maybe someone elso could also use the info

you and your mom are a refreshing change to the norm. thank you both for your understanding and acceptance!

My Pagan friend is having a baby next Monday. I wanted to make her a baby blanket that would tie into her faith. I made a Beth's Little Star afghan, and it was my intention to just go around the edges joining the points with a circle. If I had worked on it longer, I could have made that part come out... but I got frustrated and stopped. However, when I gave it to her I told her that it was supposed to be a pentacle, and that since I couldnt' do the circle that the love that she and her husband will surround the baby with will be the circle that completes it.

My mother also made her a "Pagan Prayer Shawl". She did it in Purple as it's a color of some significance (I'm sorry I can't remember what) and even though we are Catholic, she prayed to the Goddess to protect my friend and her baby. Then, the had some natural stone beads (I think Hematite and something else) and she looked up the meaning and what they are supposed to impart and sewed them into the shawl. The prayer she included when she sent it off was a Pagan Prayer for a new Mother. My friend was so touched I couldn't even talk to her about it without her crying.

I think it's sad that such a peaceful faith is often misunderstood by so many people and I think it's lovely of you to make her something representing her values.

Oh, and can we just start to name these threads "Empress I need you"?:lol

Ok, I have been following this thread and Sahmlock I am not trying to hijack it, but has anyone found a pattern for an afghan with the trinity symbol? My daughter has been working at the local hospital for 4 years. She just applied for a job as a Cardiac Invasive Technician and got hired!!! She will be making a lot more money, sooooooooo while she wants us to continue paying for med school (ha ha) she wants to move out and get her own little place, which I think is wonderful even though I will miss her, (big breath). I would like to make her an afghan to take to her new home and I want to make her an afghan with the trinity symbol in the middle. I am not the best at writing and graphing my own patterns but I can follow directions pretty well. Except the one posted that is for lefties and I need to do it backward??? That was really confusing. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Archived