wicca patterns

Question

Ok, so I tossed around the idea of writing this post..because my intention is NOT offend anyone...

But I did a search on the web and cant find anything...and I wanted to make something for my friend....She always gives me nice crosses, and the such.....So I thought why not go the extra mile and do something that SHE will appreciate.

BUT, I cant find any sites that offer crochet patterns of anything that is wicca related...and it doesnt help that I have basically no idea what i am looking for! hahaha

• Like 2

• Answers 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Ok, so I tossed around the idea of writing this post..because my intention is NOT offend anyone... But I did a search on the web and cant find anything...and I wanted to make something for my friend.

I don't know of any personally but wanted to let you know that I didn't get offended at your asking for a pattern like this. I'm a Christian and as many people as make me nice crosses and things I'm

I don't know that much about wicca, but what about something with Celtic knots? I believe they use Celtic symbols and observe Celtic holidays.

I will look for more pagan-adaptable patterns now that I finally got a computer and internet access at home. We're visiting his family in NC today so it will be after we get home to TN.

This pattern is only free TODAY (June 5, '10) and I'm late getting on the computer but I hope some of you can snag it. It's a 'star dreamcatcher' and she uses it to represent when Jesus was born, but I think it would look like a pentacle when it's done:

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/featured/p103004.shtml

This pattern is only free TODAY (June 5, '10) and I'm late getting on the computer but I hope some of you can snag it. It's a 'star dreamcatcher' and she uses it to represent when Jesus was born, but I think it would look like a pentacle when it's done:

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/featured/p103004.shtml

thank you katy, i snagged it. very pretty.

Sandy

I don't know if it's been mentioned or not but I found it in the patterns for sale forum, which I've stayed away from because I've no money. Melbangel has an etsy shop where she has a venus of willendorf goddess, the goddess kali, mother mary, and that's just the ones I saw. She also has a pregnant woman which would make a fantastic gaia. I won't have any money at all until my SS check comes in, so I thought I'd tell you folks about it.

Thanks! I've never crocheted from a graph. Guess I will figure out how and give it a try.

I believe there is a thread in the CAL catagory that is about graphghans (beginners and non beginners...) and that it was started by moomoo. worth a shot in case you have any questions. good luck :)

Sandy

I found a free crochet pattern for a kitchen witch!

http://copdandsomuchmore.com/hallowcrowitch.html

I love this! I have been looking for one for ages! I remember my grandmother had one when I was younger but don't know what happened to it. I am so thankful for this thread. I have been in the broom closet for the last 10 years due to in-law issues, but I think it's time to come out! You guys are the best :hug

this thread was just started today, and it's NOT promoted as wiccan. however, i can see how we can use it as such.

it's a star, and like row 4 or 5 is a circle. so do the 1st 2 rows in an elemental color(?) or in a star color and then do row 3 n 4 in maybe white for a neutral space (or black), row 5 in a color for the circle, fthen do the rest in bg color.

or can do the 1st 4 or 5 rows (the complete center star and outline of star) in 1 color, do the circle row in another and then the rest in a bg color(?)

what do y'all think?

Sandy

Love the pattern! I can see it in purple...many other possibiiities. It's definitely on my WIM list.

Thanks for finiding the link, Sandy:c9

found a new pentagram pattern for a small afghan that i wanted to share

have a safe and fun independence wknd.

Sandy

This is yummy, too....with DC you can make this a bigger size as a graphghan.

I don't know if this has been posted on this thread (with my memory, I could've posted it & forgot it LOL). There's a 'Blessed Mother Prayer Shawl' on Ravelry that is free. I think it is a great representation of the Mother Goddess. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/blessed-mother-prayer-shawl

There are quite a few in this thread if you go back and scan the messages. I have a crochet pentacle pattern and a goddess bookmark. Maria Merlino has some really nice shawls - pentacle & goddess. If you are an Etsy members, you can find some there. Melbangel has some nice patterns. Neither Maria's nor Melbangel's are free however. I just noticed you said free after I'd already typed that in.

Good luck and happy hooking :)

The 'Ville is great at bringing people together. I found a new friend this week. I also found that Ravelry has groups and there are several witchy groups there. I've not had time to check out the boards and see if i can score some more great patterns. Since I had no idea those groups were there, I thought maybe someone elso could also use the info

Most of the holidays that we observe are based on earlier Pagan Holidays, so there really isn't a lot that isn't able to be used. You could make a tarot card holder pack, a stuffed rabbit, a doily with a 5 pointed star surrounded by a circle (symbolizes the 4 elements and Spirit), a yule log, and basicly anything you would make for anyone else. A book cover with a pentacle on the cover would be awesome if you knew the size of one of her favorite books. Just my thoughts. Enjoy your day.

Merry Meet and Blessed Be! I know I'm just gonna love it here! I don't even remember exactly what I was googling, but somehow ended up on this thread. Can't thank all of you enough for all your posts. Sad that some of the older ones don't work anymore, but it happens. I almost feel like I already know all of you, lol.

Now before someone gives me heck for posting in the wrong area, I'm gonna hop over to an intro thread, but I just HAD to say hi, and thank you all here first!

Welcome to the 'Ville! If you are looking for something in particular, just let us know. Most the 'hookers' here are really good at locating stuff.:cheer

There are some lovely patterns there, Crochet Crone!

On a whim I did a search for "wicca" on Crochetville at lunch this morning - finally finished reading through the whole thing just now! I'm posting here half just to make sure I'm subscribed to it. :D

It was really nice to read through everybody's supportive comments for the OP and each other. And lots of neat patterns to mark, too! I'm pretty glad I joined this site...