wicca patterns

Sahmlock

Question

Ok, so I tossed around the idea of writing this post..because my intention is NOT offend anyone...

But I did a search on the web and cant find anything...and I wanted to make something for my friend....She always gives me nice crosses, and the such.....So I thought why not go the extra mile and do something that SHE will appreciate.

BUT, I cant find any sites that offer crochet patterns of anything that is wicca related...and it doesnt help that I have basically no idea what i am looking for! hahaha

• Answers 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just to maybe throw it out there what about a blanket with the diffrent moon phases us wiccans go off the moon phases and then add some stars in... or just a small black bag if she carries her crystals with her ... or how about a table cloth that she could maybe use for her alter ....

Last night I did a search for pagan crochet and wicca and found very little until I opened this thread I did not quite find what I was looking for , but with all the helpful links in this thread I came up with my own pattern.

And I thought someone else might enjoy it as well. a pentagram pentacle block

pentagramcro.jpg

I will gladly share the pattern with anyone interested.

Thank You ,

Scenna

That is absolutly brilliant!!!

This is an awesome thread... I love to see all the different things and everyone being so helpful...

Sorry I don't have any cool ideas or links for you, but would love to see whatever you end up making for your friend

:manyheart well here are a couple

This is Solitaire's pentacle that I made.

2712791310026294795oPaSXN_th.jpg

and a long, hooded cape from this leaflet

2595317230026294795qPyBXZ_th.jpg 2497453020026294795VecbEG_th.jpg

very nice Mermaiden. I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE solitaires pentacle. I have to ask what thread you used for yours. It looks like its varigated of sorts, blues and greens, and is very nice.

Nice cape also. Looks like it would be all cozy when worn during and outdoors ritual to keep you warm.

Sandy

I know this is an old thread... BUT I have found it very helpful. There are sooooooooooooo many links.

I havent been on the board in a longggggggggg time and I have sure missed all the creativity:hook

oh, please share picts of her in her paganing outfit. I bet she will be adorable.

yes, everyone is so accepting here. i was so scared initially to let folks know i was a witche (from my real life experiences) so was so pleasantly surprised. :)

Merry Meet and Welcome to the ville,

sandy

This pattern is only free TODAY (June 5, '10) and I'm late getting on the computer but I hope some of you can snag it. It's a 'star dreamcatcher' and she uses it to represent when Jesus was born, but I think it would look like a pentacle when it's done:

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/featured/p103004.shtml

Ok, I have been following this thread and Sahmlock I am not trying to hijack it, but has anyone found a pattern for an afghan with the trinity symbol? My daughter has been working at the local hospital for 4 years. She just applied for a job as a Cardiac Invasive Technician and got hired!!! She will be making a lot more money, sooooooooo while she wants us to continue paying for med school (ha ha) she wants to move out and get her own little place, which I think is wonderful even though I will miss her, (big breath). I would like to make her an afghan to take to her new home and I want to make her an afghan with the trinity symbol in the middle. I am not the best at writing and graphing my own patterns but I can follow directions pretty well. Except the one posted that is for lefties and I need to do it backward??? That was really confusing. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Sahmlock,

Thank you soooo much for posting this thread. I too am Wiccan and have always wanted to ask about patterns on this site but was afraid to. I should have known better. Everyone is so wonderful, nice and has such beautiful hearts that they wouldn't have burned anyone at the stake:lol just for asking for a pattern.

I got some wonderful ideas for gifts for my Wiccan friends and shawls and blankets for me.

I can't wait to get started.

Thank you again for asking the question I was afraid to ask and thank you to everyone who has replied with patterns and kind words.

Blessed Be

Yarnbunny

Can I just say that is probably one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard. I don't have anything to add, but this thread has touched me so.

That's really nice of you to say, thank you.:)

Thanks! Actually, it's good ole' Red Heart. Varigated, yes - Gemstone is the color, plus some done in plain black: around the outer, plus one of those two rings that weave together. (easier to see that when clicked to enlarge)

What a great thread! I too have been hesitant to post mentioning Wicca, Paganism, etc. for fear of offending some or drawing fire from others. I now live deep in the Bible belt and deep in my closet since moving back to OK. It's nice to know there's a quiet little thread of folks who are OK with all this... Thank you all for the links to other communities as well - it's lonely and dark in here...

I've posted the pattern in the original patterns list for those interested!!!:yarn

Thanks for all the support and comments about the piece !!!:hug

:hook Scenna

ok, i am posting a pattern that is REALLY awsome, but is a knit pattern (i know at least some of us knit, so crocheters only, please don't hate me if you like it also). anywho, on ravelry a friend found this pattern for the the norse tree of life, Yggdrasil , and forwarded it to me. the original link was from knitting daily...and here be the link for it there

hope yall like it also. :)

sandy

Archived