How to fix dropped stitch?

NewMomma

Question

Hi! I am really new to crocheting! I am trying to teach myself so that I can make a simple baby blanket for my baby (due in 11 weeks!). I have figured out everything except what happens if you drop a stitch, how do you fix it?

Thank you for all the help! I have been lurking for some time and you have no idea how helpful it has been!!

5 answers to this question

Hi Momma! I'm not sure what you mean by dropped stitch. You can drop a stitch in knitting, but not in crocheting. Sometimes you can "skip" a stitch in crochet. If this is what you mean you have only two choices. Leave it alone and live with it, or undo it back to your mistake and correct it. Does that help?

I don't think you can really "drop a stitch" in crochet as you can in knitting.

You can skip stitches..and there are two different ways of fixing the problem, depending on your own preferences.

1) you can frog (rip-it) back to where you made the "mistake", fix it and then carry on.

2) you can make the "mistake" part of the design, repeating the error so that it looks intentional.

Hope this makes sense.

Ohhh...I see gotcha! I have done a bit of knitting too so I am getting all the terms confused. I did mean skip a stitch or somehow end up with 19 in a row of 20.

Thanks so much for the help!!!!

I am hoping that my blanket will turn out fairly square if not I will just call it more artistic or something!

I

2) you can make the "mistake" part of the design, repeating the error so that it looks intentional.

I've done this before only I didn't realize it was a "mistake" until much, much too late. But by then I had repeated the mistake so many times it acutally looked OK.

Hi! I am really new to crocheting! I am trying to teach myself so that I can make a simple baby blanket for my baby (due in 11 weeks!). I have figured out everything except what happens if you drop a stitch, how do you fix it?

Thank you for all the help! I have been lurking for some time and you have no idea how helpful it has been!!

Along with the other suggestions, there is 1 other thing I can think of that you can do to make up the skipped stitch, make an increase in the middle of the row. To make an increase put 2 stitches in 1. That will work if your pattern stitch isn't too complicated.

Archived