"Yes, Veronica, there really IS a crochet dude"

Well, I was beginning to think he was just a myth here...you know, like Santa, or North Dakota...:devil but no, I actually saw a very very recent post to a thread I subscribed to. Then, following temptation, I went and visited his blog, site and everything else. Very cool. Now I can sleep with visions of afghan hooks dancing in my head...

:nworthy:lol

LOL...I was just talking about the Dude yesterday. My daughter (6) has really been trying to do a chain...but gets very frustrated really quickly and ends up walking away. Well, my son (5) says, 'Mommy, I want to learn how to knit!" Of course I corrected him, but daughter follows with 'Boys DON'T crochet!!!'. I said yes they do and some of them are even better than mommy!!!.....You do exist and are in conversations in Massachusetts.....lol

I asked my husband if he'd like to learn to crochet, and he told me it wasn't a 'guy thing' really. He came from a background that his parents would make unkind remarks towards him even if they thought a sport wasn't manly enough. Apparently soccer was for girls according to them. (I digress)

So I went and dug out my Blue Ribbon Afghan book from 40 state fairs, point to the plaid pattern, and say to him "This thing was made by a guy in Woodinville, about an hour away from us." There's also a few guys on Crochetville as well.

End result, he still doesn't want to, but he's less "it's a girl thing", and he wanted me to make him the plaid blanket. Gah... 16 balls of yarn attached to one 14 inch afghan hook is somethin' else! :eek And of course, that's the one size afghan hook I can't get a longer version of from Joanns.com :cry

Oh yes the Dude is the Dude of Dudes. And he leaves tracks of kindness and encouragement wherever he goes. Gee i'm thinking i should leave milk and cookies out for him tonight.

Drew,

Have you counted how many times you got blogged about this week after being stalked all over King of Prussia?

You guys, it was very funny watching packs of crocheters squeal "It's the Crochet Dude" and ask for his photo (which he always very graciously agreed to). It was like a movie star had dropped into our midst - what fun!

And when Lily Chin mistakenly called him The Crochet Guy from the podium of the fashion show, at least a dozen incensed crocheters yelled "It's DUDE!!!" from the back of the hall. She won't make that mistake again...

You all crack me up - just love the threads on Crochetville.

When I first came on Crochetville I thought the Crochet Dude was just what someone was calling someone else, didn't know it was a real person. Then I saw the link to the Dude's site. Wonderful work - just beautiful. I was recently gifts the DAWN purse pattern and will be working on it just as soon as I get home tonight!

Drew,

Have you counted how many times you got blogged about this week after being stalked all over King of Prussia?

You guys, it was very funny watching packs of crocheters squeal "It's the Crochet Dude" and ask for his photo (which he always very graciously agreed to). It was like a movie star had dropped into our midst - what fun!

And when Lily Chin mistakenly called him The Crochet Guy from the podium of the fashion show, at least a dozen incensed crocheters yelled "It's DUDE!!!" from the back of the hall. She won't make that mistake again...

It was a very interesting week, to say the least! :yes When everyone started yelling at Lily Chin I about died. Thanks for having my back!! :ghug

:bounce

I always thought Crochet Dude was the companies name, You know, like " Wendy's". I feel so honored to actually 'meet' you..

Hi Connie! Well, I did trademark "The Crochet Dude" but it's not really a company. Just me! :blush I did the trademark process so that a company couldn't sell patterns using the words "The Crochet Dude" on them, just to protect myself. Anywho, nice to meet you too! :)

:bounce

Dude, I feel like the only C'Viller who hasn't met you, and I only live 150 miles away. Well, okay, that's a bit up the street, but you know what I mean! You should come to Austin!

I think it's awesome that theres a crochet DUDE usually men don't care about things like crochet and knitting so go DUDE!:clap lol what does it feel like to be a celebrity?:D

Dude, I feel like the only C'Viller who hasn't met you, and I only live 150 miles away. Well, okay, that's a bit up the street, but you know what I mean! You should come to Austin!

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I've only met one other C'viller. (That's because we were friends long before C'ville existed and I introduced her to this wonderful forum over a year ago.)

It's a good thing I have a great sense of humor ~ I'm from North Dakota! LOL

It is really nice to see a guy crocheting and being so involved in it as the Crochet Dude.

My husband simply shakes his head when I get more pattern books, supplies, and yarn. He says we have enough yarn in our house that I could probably crochet us a new and bigger one. LOL

Have A Nice Week Everyone!

Midds

I check out the Dudes blog weekly, its always highly entertaining.

The Dude is just too cool!

I plan to try out his pineapple 'sauce' when my brother arrives in a few weeks.

Archived