Cro-Tatting? Pinkroses

Does anyone here. cro-tat? I just starting and love it. I order a 2 kits from Annie"s Attic. The first kit contained a book thread and cro-tatting needle.

I then ordered the new kit; which had 4 cro-tating needles and a instruction book .

I made up a pattern for crotheted -tating lace.

I am finding I like it.

I do regular tatting with a shuttle too. My husband's great Aunt taught me to tat years ago. I love to make the tatted lace. She is dead though now. She was a very gentle and kind lady.

I was just wondering if anyone here does it.?

PINKROSES :)

No but it was something my beloved grandmother always wanted to learn. She taught me to crochet when I was little. She also sewed - a lot. But tatting was something she never got around to learning. Sometimes I feel like I should learn just because she didn't get to (gone now for 17 years). Who knows...maybe someday I'll give it a try.

my grandma tried to teach me to tat and i was all thumbs! she is gone now and i really wish i would have tried harder to learn. the crochet-tat thing sounds interesting....i am going to have to look into it!:yay

I bought the Cro-Tat stuff from AA and just flat out can't do it. I cannot figure it out to save my soul. A friend offered to teach me to shuttle tat. She thinks it's easier. Haven't had the time yet, tho'. I have all these cro=tat patterns and hooks now, so I'd really like to be able to figure it out.:(

Susan

Hi Susan,

Which how to booklet did you purchase to learn cro tat?

If you bought the "learn to cro tat the easy way" then you will encounter problems figuring out how to do it.

If I can be of any help to you don't hesitate to let me know.

Hugs

Ferosa

I have done the cro-tatting and thoroughly enjoy it. I made several bookmarks and the large doily. It turned out really nice. I also made little flowers and leaves and made little bouquets and put them on envelopes to send to friends. They really loved them. To those who are just learning, one of the most important things is to do a step at a time and practice it. It takes time to learn the tension as it is different from crochet or tatting. When I started, I would take one part and practice it before going on to the next step. That helped me tremendously. I hope those of you who tried, will try again as it is a beautiful form of stitchery. Good luck to all of you and enjoy learning something new.:manyheart:yes

I aggree Crocohet jc. The most hardest thing for me is pulling all the stitches throuh the roll . I love to do regular tating and have even tried needle tating. I like the shuttle type and this type best I think .

To all the beggnniers. Keep trying it does take time to learn to pull the sttches through. I still have problems. Though they are getting better. PINKROSES

Hi Susan,

Which how to booklet did you purchase to learn cro tat?

If you bought the "learn to cro tat the easy way" then you will encounter problems figuring out how to do it.

If I can be of any help to you don't hesitate to let me know.

Hugs

Ferosa

Thanks Ferosa, that's so sweet of you to offer your help. I have AA's "Timeless Doilies" book. I went online and watched the "how to" video countless times. It's the double stitch I just can't comprehend. It's the only one I've even attempted. I know you came out with a new leaflet and someday I promise I'll splurge and try it. Do I really need to buy the new hooks, too?

When I finish my current WIPs, I just may take you up on your offer! I just felt I needed a hands-on approach.

Susan

I also ordered the kit from Annie's but haven't yet tried it. I know the basics of shuttle tatting but want to learn this & needle tatting. My grandma used to sit with her eyes closed & tat. She couldn't see any more so couldn't teach me & I so wanted to learn it. What I know is self taught.

Hi Susan,

The new how to booklet comes as a package deal with the new sizes hooks. You don't need the new hooks to learn but the booklet will be very helpful because it has step by step visual lessons for each cro tat stitch. I'm available anytime you need help.

Hugs

Ferosa

Archived