dragonfli

Yarn, Yarn, Yarn - How Much Yarn Stash Do You Have?

:lol This post is making me feel like a saint and I thought I was a yarn addict!:hook I have 3 boxes (maybe 12x14 inches in size) of yarn (well stash yarn) and then another 5 boxes with WIP yarn!:D

Okay...so now I don't feel so bad! I've got about 4 paper boxes full (those boxes are great for storing!), a huge 3 drawer roll cart full...3 workbaskets with WIP yarn, and a few bags laying around that I haven't gotten around to putting away. My car seems to stear itself to the craft store! I can't help it!!

And...i just placed an order with Smiley's Yarn online! My hubby is goinG to flip when it gets delivered! And you know...I've only been crocheting for about 6 months now....do you all think I have a problem??? :P

My husband doesn't mind it so much as long as the rest of the house is "relatively orderly" which means that he can open a closest and doesn't get showered with yarn and craft projects and he can find the stuff he's looking for.

Currently I have 3 to 5 tubs of yarn here at my apartment and enough boxes and tubs of yarn and WIP to fill about a quarter of my 7.5' x 10' storage unit. I've been crocheting and knitting a lot lately so eventually the amount should go down. We'll be getting a larger storage unit soon. :hook Much of the yarn and craft stuff in my hoard is what I've inherited from my grandmother and my aunt. When my mom started quilting she gave her yarn to me. The Packrat gene runs in my family.

When my husband and I go on trips, he's resigned himself that it will include a trip the the local Wal*Mart, JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby or Michael's because "I forgot to pack a project" and I always need to have something in my hands to work at Civil War Re-enactments, for down time at the hotel or when we are visiting family. I usually wind up teaching at least one person how to crochet. :c9

I have about 18 legal size boxes of yarn plus another four down here in the

rec room. My husband is on third shift so when I buy yarn during the day

I keep it in my trunk and hide it up the attic when he is either sleeping or

gone to work!! They keep coming out with new colors and I have to have them all!!!

let's see. 1 picnic hamper, 1 laundry basket, 1 tub, the yarn on the couch that i'll be using, 2 little boxes, 2 big boxes (the boxes that factories get their toilet paper in, you know, the ones an adult could hide in) the 2 bags I just bought at Hobby Lobby today, the various WIPs put in bags around the house, and I think there may be another box around here somewhere. Then there's my stepdaughter's 2 laundry baskets full of yarn. Does this help?

I try really hard :no to stash :yarn. I don't buy :yarn unless I know exactly what I will :hook with it. However I do have a couple of exceptions: CSS off white and Caron One Pound white; I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt I will find a use for those two :clap. When I build up a lot of remnants I usually :gift them away, the only exception to that rule is saving a small bit for repairs on completed projects. The bit of a stash that I do have is organized into one of those large plastic 3 drawer thingies you can buy at Wal-Mart and most home improvement stores. And one of those 3 drawers is devoted to thread because I :bheart it best.

I have 4 huge trash bags you know the kind you put leaves in during the fall? The plastic bags that the comforter sets come in, I have three king sized plastic bags, two full size,and two twin sized plastic bags. The twin size has my Sugar n Cream cotton yarns in them. The full and king has regualr ww yarns. I also have three huge plastic bags that I got from Hobby Lobby full of yarn and dozens of small plastic bags from Wal-Mart/Hobby Lobby full of yarn. So yeah I have alot of yarn as well lol.

I had 7-32 gallon tubs in the garage, then I have a room that I have yarn stored in. I actually started feeling bad taking up so much space in the garage. So just the other day, I went through it all and cut it down to 3 tubs, and surprised my hubby with extra space. I have the three tubs inventoried, so I "shop" from what I have before I buy more. (Somehow, what I have is never what I need at the moment! LOL)

~Tami :c9

:c9 last I counted it was at 21 /18 gal tubs, a wall unit that my husband put cubbies in, a 4 paneled wardrobe, 5 of th largest vacumm bags, not to mention the pretty storage boxes in the shelf unit that my husband made for me in the bedroom, :hook oh yeah and the yarn I have stashed in my daughters closet.:devil

Carolyn

Don't worry, you are not nuts, if you are, so are we all, crocheters, I mean. I have 12 -15 gal tubs, plus four wall units with cubbies stocked with all knids of yarn, and sorted by color, and an old entertainment center with all back up, to my back up yarn. I also have boxes with yarn I have ordered in bulk over the internet when I could not find the color I wanted at the store, so tell your husband he is not the only one in his boat, my husband is there with him:cat !!!!!

I have 7 flip-lid storage containers of yarn, 1 20-gal tub for thread, 1 x-large zipper bag of thread, and at least 3 large sack bags (from the register) of yarn from Joanns that just haven't made it to the stash shelving in the garage yet!

Then there's 2 Dollar Tree sacks stuffed with fun fur on top of my stash shelving... and the zipper lock bag with 8 skeins of the burgundy-orange-brown Sensations yarn in the spare bedroom ... and 1 Michaels sack with surplus yarn that was purchased for the round ripple I just finished.

Oh, and I just thought of the 4 skeins of baby yarn and a few of the kits from Maggie's that are sitting in my closet ...

I think that's enough for awhile. Hubby cannot imagine that I will ever use up all of my stash, but of course I will!! :lol

Since I moved and now I am unpacking. I have at least three tubs full. And a box. Dh thinks I am nuts too.