Yarn, Yarn, Yarn - How Much Yarn Stash Do You Have?

oh heck does 20 15 gallon tubs count? I have my skeins seperated by color in huge one gallon bags with a hole poked in each slot it holds about 3 or 4 skiens each depending on the size and how much i have left lol.. on top of those 20 I have two corner wall doll sacks you know those mesh corner bags you hand on the wall and throw kids dolls on I have them covered with gallon bags of yarn... not including what is in my Fiance's semi truck for when I go on the road with him LOL I have two underbed sleeper shelves in his kenworth filled up! every time i go to texas my grandma and aunt load me up again! !!! I have a craft room in our apartment dedicated to YARN and quilting! I run a store not for yarn just for crochet items doilies mostly :)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dragonfli....you should pm the Crochet Dude and see how much yarn HE has. I bet he has a substantial stash hidden around somewhere. We gotta get the yarn-a-holics out of the closet!:rofl Just trying to help you sweetie....so you can get your new yarn. :yes Maybe if you added to the title of your post; "Yarn Yarn Yarn" - 'Reality Yarn Poll" or 'How Much Yarn Do You All Have?" or something like that, it will grab more people's attention.....only a thought!

Ok Daisy, I am fairly new. How do I edit my "Yarn Yarn Yarn" post to add "How Much Yarn Do You All Have - Yarn Poll". I will check out pm the Crochet Dude. Absolutly, any help I can get I appreciate. I want/need my new yarn!! Darn it!!

To edit your post......go to your original post and scroll down a little bit and at the bottom right corner there is an edit button; press that and then you can change the title of your post and then click the "save" button when you are finished. I think that should do it for you.

Dragonfli....you should pm the Crochet Dude and see how much yarn HE has. I bet he has a substantial stash hidden around somewhere. We gotta get the yarn-a-holics out of the closet!:rofl Just trying to help you sweetie....so you can get your new yarn. :yes Maybe if you added to the title of your post; "Yarn Yarn Yarn" - 'Reality Yarn Poll" or 'How Much Yarn Do You All Have?" or something like that, it will grab more people's attention.....only a thought!

Daisy his/thecrochetdude pm message box is full and has to be cleared out before i can try again. Any suggestions?

Daisy his/thecrochetdude pm message box is full and has to be cleared out before i can try again. Any suggestions?

What about an email or (last resort) comment on his blog? You should be able to email the same way you send a PM...

and his blog url is usually in his sig line.

Also, I think he was going to the CGOA conference... not sure if that is over with or not.

I know how that full inbox goes....it's happened to me too. Just wait until tomorrow to pm him ...or open a new thread titled: something like " I wonder if the Crochet Dude has a large stash?" and see if that catches his attention; then you can post your message plight about why you need to know if his stash is going to be elgible for your poll....explain that you are taking this poll. That's my best guess.

If I had the money my whole house would be filled with yarn

LOL reminds me of an article I recently read about people using recycled denim to insulate their houses.. I looked at the picture and thought.. I could fit LOTS OF YARN in that space.. the problem would be accessing it when I was ready to use it. :lol

OOOOOOOOOOOOH MY how did I miss this thread?? omg

I moved from Michigan to TX a year ago. Brought 10 tubs (18-20 gallon ones). I think I have filled up 5 more LOL and think i have a tub full of thread. Can you count my plastic bags too? I crochet with them, they are in a big box and a laundry basket for now but I am sure they would fit in a tub. Hope this helps!! this thread is great LOL

I have 10 20 gal bins,:yarn 2 15 gal bins,:yarn 3 10 gal plastic drawers :yarn 2 lg blanket bags and assorted stuff near my chair! I do buy more if I don't have what I need or if I want to try a new yarn. So-I figure I have about the same amount as you!:D

OK, OK Everyone we are up to 35 yarn-a-holics!!! I just need 15 more!!! My hubby is due to fly home from Foxlake, IL on Friday 7/21/05. I want my yarn!!!! It is like an addictive drug, I want it, I want it, I want it!!! Hey there are two yarn shops in Foxlake, IL 1) I'd Rather Be Knitting; and 2) The Keweenaw Shepard. I am going to see if I can do a virtual tour on the internet!!!! Come on everyone, only 15 more! We can do it!!

xampx: Thank your granny or was it aunty - got her down as one :woo

Nashville Crocheter: Thanks for joining in, Yaaaayyyy :jumpyay

TamiCrochets: I have come to the conclusion that this yarn stashing thing is completely normal and people who don't stash, well . . . . don't you think? Thx:2rock

StitchinCindi: I am absolutly sure that 900 skeins is equal to 17 - 15 gal tubs!!!!!! Thx:bounce

Charlene: Yahoo for 22 :applause

CrazeeMoi: Welcome to the yarn addicts aka stash-a-holics aka yarn-a-holics club!!! Thx for weighing in!!:knit

JoAnn: You definatley have as much as I do, but if I need more so do you!! :scrachin

:dragonfly You know what everyone, this just makes me want to go to the darn yarn store!!!!

:dragonfly I am really getting excited!!! Looks like a great place to kick back with a cup of Starbucks, yarn and hook!!! I want to go!! Check it out!! We have some nicer shops here but I already have several tubs of "their" yarn! ha ha.

www.ratherbeknitting.com

Since I'm a newbie crocheter, I don't have nearly enough yarn to qualify (one of those three-drawer plastic thingys, a huge drawer under my coffe table and various tote bags). But if you counted all the fabric, beads, books, rulers and gadgets I have for quilting -- I'd qualify for at least 2!

One time my husband looked through all the credit card statements for a one year period and was heard complaining: "quilt, quilt, quilt - you must have a thousand dollars here on just quilt stuff...." :lol I didn't have the heart to tell him that I used the credit card ONLY after I ran out of cash!!! :shop

Anyway, I just tell him that I'm an artist and I need a palette! :artist

he he my husband never gets to look at the bills i tear off the part that says where its used , so whenhe asks i remind him of the new t-shirts and underwear(my bad ,but what he doesn't know can't hurt me. RIGHT?????

MY NAME IS JACKIE AND I'M A YARN AHOLIC!!!!!!!!!!!YAY

:blush I guess I just am not worthy of this crew, but I will try harder

It is hard to stash yarn in a small apartment:no :rolleyes but I try. I only have two bins full and approx. enough in plastic bags to probably fill another two. :manyheart Sorry ladies :devil:ohdear I will try harder, but that may lead me to drastic measures:devil

Yeah! If we do a joint effort you can put me down for 4! The only reason I only have 'so little' is because our home is so small and we are tripping over the 4 that I have now. I'm a yarn-a-holic in the making...as soon as we move I'll update! :lol

Hey dragonfli, have you checked out this old thread? It should count 3 times over.....more if you count the stash his spouse didn't give away.

Stash busted by spouse

If you get to count friends and family of all of us at crochetville you can let hubby know that I can add the ladies from my knitting/ crochet club we meet on Tuesdays and we number at thirty-six. Some of their stashes make mine look tiny and you said I could count as two. We have one lady who was going to open her own store but changed her mind but had already purchased the yarn. I don't know if she would count but her stash would count as ten. I started asking fellow crafters and the response has been overwhelming in your favor of getting new yarn dragonfli, to the point that your darling hubby may have to get a second job to pay for the yarn. I think we all have a stash even if we won't admit it.

I wasn't including my crafting stuff for other crafts when I posted originally...so if we're counting all that other stuff...I've got our entire storage section in the basement (approx the same size as a small storage unit) so full of crafting supplies that DH can't put anything else down there in addition to the front closet that is full of attack-trained yarn...plus the 18 skeins that I've pulled out and am keeping next to the couch for the (several) projects that I'm working on right now....OH!!! And I gave my mother a full dresser (one of those 5 ft tall dressers, 8 drawers) FULL of cross-stitch suppies to store for me when we moved from NJ to CT....I've only just begun to realize just what kind of things I could have crochetted with all that embroidering floss!! That should count to...it's still mine, just didn't have the room for it here!!

So, is that enough crafting stuff to add me to the list??

Jessie

Well do I count?:think lets see I have a large christmas tree tub full I think its like a 60 gallon. five 15 gallon tubs,two 30 gallon tubs,two closets full ,five of the xxl ziplock bags and i cant hardly open the door to my bedroom its spilling out of the closet:blush

Wowza, I thought I had a stash. I guess I was mistaken. I have 2 30 gal tubs and the equivalent of 2-3 more 30 gal tubs in various bags in my secret closet and around my house. I'm a little afraid to let hubby know what I have. He still thinks "it can't cost that much". Little does he know.

Archived