Modesto, California

Well Hi there neighbor :yay I live in Ceres California I used to live in Modesto, now living in Ceres for four years, moved out of Modesto too crowded, for me. Iam only five minutes from Modesto, nice to have you here on the board enjoy your stay.:manyheart

Hi dragonfli. I also live in Modesto. And you are right, mjett37, it's too crowded here. I can zip into Ceres & do my shopping much quicker than trying to drive around Modesto :)

Alosha

Well hello neighbor number two yes it has become quite crowded in Modesto, and from the looks of it Ceres it starting to get that way too with all the new elementary schools they are building up here, but ladies I thought that I would tell you that they have opened up a new yarn store downtown in Ceres across from the Ceres drugstore she has some of the most beautiful yarn and she even has jelly yarn and she also lets you look at her crochet books go take a look at her store :cheer

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for answering my call out!!! It is nice to know some of you are so close!! Yes Modesto is getting pretty crowded. I lived in Ceres for 3 years before moving to Modesto. It is crouded but all of my friends are here my daughter works here and I work here, so you get used to it. Ceres is really growing too though. I used to spend a lot of time in Ceres because mMy best friend Leona lived in Ceres with her hubby and two sons for years and years, but she recently moved to Oregon so I don't get to Ceres very often now. Thanks for the heads up on the new yarn store, I will have to check it out, since it is only about 10 minutes away.

• 7 months later...

I am starting a knitting/crochet group in this area. I know there is one in Stockton, but that is almost and hour north of me and I am hoping to accommodate people that live south of there, such as in the Turlock area.

Our first meeting will be at Borders (in the coffee shop) in Turlock on Sunday, April 29, at 2pm.

I am very excited about this!

How exciting for you. I would love to do something like this but none of my crochet buddies would go to Turlock. It doesn't seem far, but we are in north mo and it takes about 45 min. to get to Turlock from here if traffic is fair. I have a friend who lives there and honestly we don't see each other much anymore, but e-mail a lot. I guess we all just work too much. After a full 50 + hour work week we just all sit around like couch potatoes on the weekend after all of our family time. I get pooped just thinking about it. Well gotta go to ballet the work after everyone is in bed. Good luck to you and hope to hear more about your projects here on the board!!

I am in Thornton, CA, is that close?? I will only be here for another couple of weeks. We are in a RV park here, right on the river, very pretty. We are moving north, did spend a couple of months in Manteca last year, it was really nice....

Glad to meet you.

but we are in north mo and it takes about 45 min

I grew up in North Modesto. If you decide to change your mind, it is only once a month. I think there is a knitting group in Modesto and you know a lot of them crochet, too.

I am in Thornton, CA, is that close??
Thornton is about an hour North of Turlock. So, it isn't really "close." You are still welcome to come down if you don't mind the drive.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived