I think doilies are lovely, and I enjoy looking at them, I dont know if I would have them anywhere in my home. Do you make them for the challange? The look? For decoration? I am curious.

Laura

I make them for the challenge mostly, but give them to my best friend's mom or my grandmother. I have a few Ive kept myself, or Ill make shabby chic pillows out of them. It never gets old, the feeling of "wow" as you go along and it gets bigger and bigger and with each round you can see the design unfold. I just love that.

I used to think that I would never have doilies in my home. But as I started to crochet with thread and start appreciating the work that went into them (as well as how pretty they are), I do have 3 in my living room now. And I will probably do more and just rotate them. It might also be that my tastes have changed. I used to have any ultra modern decorating style and I am sure doilies would have looked weird. But now I have a more romantic decorating style so they fit in very nicely.

I haven't made many doilies, but I love them. I love their intricate designs, and, like Miss USA, I love to see the design take shape. I just find it fascinating. (OK, I may be weird...)

I kept my favorite doily. It's in the dining room, on the buffet, under a couple of my favorite teapots. My decor is eclectic -- Mission, flea market, Oriental rugs, old floor lamps, nothing new -- so everything fits in, including doilies.

I think many of them are works of art. I guess it's the designs that attract me to them.

I make them for both. I love to make ones with roses in them and pineapples. I just like making them too. I love the ones with flowers in their desgin mostly. PINKROSES

Archived