$$$$$$$$$$ Yarn

the above should have asked, what is the most you have ever spent on a skien of yarn, on a lot buy of yarn, and what is your dream yarn.

The most I have spent on one skien is 9 $ on a whole lot of yarn, 500 dollars, and my dream yarn is a hand spun pre glass beaded pink mohair with crystal glass beads that is 30 dollars per skein. Whew!!! now I really hope my mom misses this post somehow:D

Laura

The most I spent on yarn was $5.00 and that was ona surprise package. In other words it was Caron, but they got to pick the colors.

My dream yarn?????????????? Don't really have any, as I do not work with it that much. I am more a thready.:hook

The most I have spent on a skein was $5, the most I've spent on a lot of yarn...$120.00(income tax time DH lets me run amuck in AC Moore), and I don't have a 'dream yarn'. I do look at those really nice yarns that are $7,8 and 9 bucks a pop...just haven't broke down enough to buy some. I would only use them to make a sweater or another article of clothing, not an afghan. Although they would make a really awesome afghan....:hook

My highest priced yarn was some Opal sock wool I bought to make a cowl for my mother for Christmas. It was $5 a skein. I admit it, I'm a big cheapo. It can't be helped, though. I can't afford to spend much money on yarn. I oogle the fancy yarns at Fabric Place, like the Classic Elite and the Berrocco, but haven't singled one out as a "dream" yarn.

The most I've spent on a skein of yarn was $4.50...and that was a splurge for me!! I usually won't buy yarn if it's over $3/6 oz...I generally use the price of Caron SS as a guide for figuring out if I'm buying SS or larger skeins like Pound of Love LOL!! The most I've ever dropped in one trip to the LYS?? $70. But, everything was on sale....if it hadn't been on sale the yarn would have cost nearly twice that....I tend not to buy too much at a time since we're all living on DH's salary...but DH & I have a deal when tax return time comes round..I get to spend whatever I want at the LYS, then he gets to match my spending with his own fun money..usually he spends it at a bookstore or a computer games store LOL!!

Dream yarn??? Don't have one...I might get into the fancy yarns once my girls are older, but for now I'm sticking to stuff that won't get trashed if it's looked at the wrong way LOL!!!

Jessie

The most I spent on a skein was $9.00 for 187 yds of Plymouth 24K.

The most I spent on a lot was about $120.

I don't have a dream yarn, yet. Although I did come across some Alpaca yarn at a LYS that was yummy. But I'm sure my dream yarn is out there. I just haven't come across it, yet.

I have spent $13:eek for some hand dyed yarn to make a halter top for my daughter.

I also found some beautiful yarn ($8 a skein) to make a spiral throw with. I figured that I could splurge and make myself one with better quality yarn. Well, what I forgot was that the yarn I picked out was alot thicker so 30 oz wasn't going to be enough. Luckily--Hobby Lobby had the yarn on sale for 1/2 :clap so I went and bought another 30 oz. So the total cost of this throw was right around $120:think . Much to my dismay--hubby washed it and it shrunk---so now my best friend:hug has a georgeous shawl. Believe me---that won't happen again:no . Back to RH and SS. LOL

Oh my...in the spring I went home and went to the yarn place on the island looking for some black sock yarn...I was in sticker shock...the sock yarn itself was $9.00 a skein, but on the same visit I picked up a skein or two of bamboo yarn and something else and the bamboo yarn was $13.00 a skein...

On a lot, I think I've pushed the envelop with Joann.com to a order of over $100.00 at one sitting just for yarn...

Dream yarn...I really like that bamboo...oh baby alpaca (I think that was the other yarn I got at the place on the island...)

The most I've ever spent on a skein of yarn was for the secret pals swap, I bought Manos del Uruguay cotton stria, $11.50 a skein on sale for $9.00. I picked up six skeins.

In a lot, I think I spent just under $60 for box of Reynolds Candide in a gorgeous grey, enough to make a sweater.

Dream yarn? Don't really have one, I love all the different fibers, natural and man-made.

I have spent $30 a skein for some hand dyed yarn I just fell in love with. I must say I have become a bit of a fiber snob. I really prefer the natrual fibers to the acrylic. They just feel and work up better to me.

the most I've spent on yarn would be £5 my dream yarn is any Noro...:sigh:c9 I've never even felt it or seen it in real life!:(

oh yeah....forgot to mention the 300 dllars i just spent on 4 colors of noro crayon, 35 skiens total......I know I want to make a purse to felt, but right now I have no other ideas

Laura

The most I've ever spent on any one skein of yarn would be less than $5/£5 (either one, take your pick, I'm just as cheap in England as I was in America :lol). The most I ever spent in one lot was somewhere around $20-$30, but that was for Christmas presents as well.

I don't have ONE "dream yarn." I walk through my LYS, ogling and feeling up the yarns I can't afford and I love them ALL. :hook

Well, last week I was in Western Massachusetts, and on my way to the airport, I stopped in at WEBS in Northampton. I desperately wanted (but didn't buy) some of the bamboo yarn. Holy smokes, that's a nice yarn!

But, I did totally, totally splurge and buy myself 3 hanks of Debbie Bliss 100% Pure Silk DK. It was $14 per 50g hank, and is the priciest yarn I've ever bought on spec. I think I need some more of it to have more options of what to make. I know as far as a silk yarn goes that's not too expensive, but I'm more used to the SS and RH type of yarn pricing (giant skein for $3), so this was a splurge. It helped that they give a huge 20% discount once your total reaches $60, so really, I only paid $11.16 per skein. And I'm worth it! :lol

The most I have ever spent on 1 skein of yarn was $12.00. The most I have spent on yarn? Hmm, i took my 10 year old to one of our LYS this weekend for their crazy days spent$22.00, saved $24.00. Went to the other LYS spent $38.00, saved $150.00; went back to that store today and spent another $72.00, saved $220.00. What can I say, there was 75%off of lots of nice yarn! Now, where to put it?

$15 per skein for three, 50g skeins of a chenille yarn called "Touch Me." And that was ON SALE. Think of the softest plushy toy you've ever felt - thats how it felt. It's about as close to dream yarn I can think of.

I still have all three balls of that yarn. I don't know what to do with it. I now have a rule - no new yarn unless I have a definate project. I may never actually make the project, but I have to have a plan.

i'm really cheap when it comes to yarn... maybe that will change if i start making clothing, but for the most part i make blankets, and pillows, and that sort of thing, I always look for stuff on sale, like the plush i am using today for my dd's tank, was $1/skein b/c it was being discontinued at wal-mart, so i bought 2 of them... we were broke that day i would have bought all 10 thy had on the rack..... I think i spent like $5 on a skein once....

most i've ever spent at once was like $80, i did that at acmoore once when they were doing a 25% off your entire purchase during a 4 hour period... like i said if i can get it cheap i will. I usually buy things with a 40% off coupon or at garage sales...

Archived