Cheaper Answer to Lighted Hooks

Yes this is an alternative, but as was suggested in another thread here by CB Potts

If you really want a hook that glows, spray paint a hook with glow in the dark paint and then top with a clear sealing coat. Let dry thoroughly. The paint 'soaks up' light and glows fairly brightly for a few hours at a go.

*Perhaps I have too much time on my hands or do too much crocheting at the campground...Either way, it's certainly cheaper than 30$!!!!!*

; you can just spray paint one of your hooks with glow in the dark paint, and then maybe add a sealant to keep it from wearing off too fast........

Empress Busy Bee, NOW that you have explained your Avitar in the other thread, I can appreciate the connection between you and the light sabers! Sorry but I did not understand :thinkThe Star Wars connection(no Star Wars animated series here in Morocco!:shrug)I was tatally clueless:loser! but NOW it is funny! :rofl

I have a small LED clip-on light, meant to be a book light, that might be useful. I keep forgetting about it. We went to a music festival over the weekend and for a while I was crocheting by feeling the stitches, until it got so dark that I gave up!

I'm not sure just how much light those lighted hooks would throw???

Joan

• 5 years later...

Archived