Silliest thing I have seen in a while

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60040.html

This the silliest thing I have seen in a while..... or is it just me? I reckon if I was cold enough for those sleeves I would want more fabric down my back.

I just dont get it, or am I getting too old????

I dont know if I would wear that, maybe. But I am going to make it for my teenage niece she is 16 and if I make it in black I think she would wear it, I dont think my two older nieces would wear it, but I am going to find out, that would make another christmas present. I better put instruction or she may not how to wear it lol

I reckon if I was cold enough for those sleeves I would want more fabric down my back.

no, cupcake you are not old, if I'm cold, I'm cold everywhere, not just my arms and shoulders.

and I agree with eurolyons and shella, if just seems like the designer ran out of yarn, couldn't finished the entire sweater, looked and it and thought, "hey, I'm sure SOMEONE will buy this!" she looks at her husband and says, "what should I call this?" he just rolls his eys and shrugs, and goes back to reading his newspaper, and she gleefully smiles and says, "that's it, it's a shrug!" :haha:rofl:laughroll

You know back in the 70's, the down vest was extremely popular where I went to school...I personally didn't understand it myself...for the same reason as what cupcake said about this pattern...If I'm cold, my arms are going to be cold...not just my body...gimme a parka any day (and I wasn't even a fan of the parka...but I'd take a parka over the down vest...)

You aren't the only one...I don't understand the styles nowdays...I can see wearing a halter top and hip hugger pants if you have a nice waist line but some of these young girls are down right fat and it looks horrible...don't they look in the mirror? or have any self respect?

I must be getting old....:think

Linda :hook

ok...let me be the devil's advocate....

seriously, I wouldnt wear it...but.......

my dd might because if she were cold at dance...she could put this on and NOT be reprimanded by her instructors which WANT to see that the students hold their form by keeping the stomach muscles tucked in....

ok...hee hee...but if she raised her arms up to do her fancy dance moves...would the neck piece raise up and cover her eyes??? hahahahahaha!!! Ok, I tried! It's fashionable, if you keep your arms down at your side!!!!

You know...now I will probably have to make one, just to see how it works out!! ahahah.

I kind of like it actually. Then again, I probably couldn't be considered stylish to save my life. :D

I would probably wear it if I went out in a short-sleeved dress on a cool evening, just to keep the chill off between the car and the restaurant. Or perhaps with this one kinda tight-fitting dress I have that gets (In my opinion) a bit too low in the decolletage. Rest of the dress looks good, but the low neckline makes me a bit uncomfortable.

BTW, I'm 27 and have no illusions about my figure being better than it is. ;)

You aren't the only one...I don't understand the styles nowdays...I can see wearing a halter top and hip hugger pants if you have a nice waist line but some of these young girls are down right fat and it looks horrible...don't they look in the mirror? or have any self respect?

I must be getting old....:think

Linda :hook

:rofl i know exactly what you mean I dont get ppl that wearhip huggers when they're fat:no I'm not being mean or anything but I mean come on even if I was fat I wouldn't be wearing hip huggers! EWW! :no

btw I couldn't see the picture because it was telling me I need to sign up if I want to see free patterns :think

I like shrugs, there are so many styles of shrugs, bolero jackets and whatnot...but this particular one just simply doesn't look finished. It's like it can't make up it's mind what it wants to be when it grows up...that's all...

That is, um, an interesting style... I, too, think if I was cold enough to need that much sleeve I'd want more midriff coverage.... but it would be great if you worked in an icecream truck on a hot day! You could stick your arms in the deep freezer and they'd be warm and the rest of you would still stay cool!:devil

Well, I don't really understand any shrugs, but I sorta like the top on this one, but the sleeves look like yo-yos! I wonder if one could take the top part and put in different sleeves and come up with a pullover? Just my penny thought

I agree with Sahmlock, it looks like something a dancer would wear sort of has the look that leg warmers had back in the 70's and early 80s, but I am neither a shrug lover nor a dancer, so I do not think I would even make it....still no one ever said fashion needs to be practical....

I do not get the shrug thing at all...although my significant other pointed out that the attraction is more with guys--fantasizing about you wearing that and nothing else!:devil

Well I am pleased that I am not alone. Do you think the sleeves are attached to the top bit. It looks as tho it pulls over the head.

my significant other pointed out that the attraction is more with guys--fantasizing about you wearing that and nothing else!:devil

REALLY?:eek GUYS! Guess I don't "get" them either! Only a guy would imagine someone wearing only that! Honestly....HOW DO their minds work????:shrug

• 1 month later...

I made this shrug in the knit:eek version - lots of fun. I promised myself I would knit 2 feet a day at least so I could make it the 6 1/2feet within 3 days(10mm needles).

It is a typical shrug in that you knit:eek a long rectangle and then stitch up small lengths for the sleeve sections. I made it and gave it to a young girl in my congregation and 5 young women decided then and there that knitting and crochet had to be learned Immediately

I made it with a strand of black and two strands of a finer yarn in autumnal varigated colour (mill end - don't know any more)

I always called it Way Kewl and the kids sure thought it was that. Mine looked fab. I do think the knit:eek version looked better. It could be worn 4 different ways.

Just goes to prove that beauty and silly are in the eye of the beholder

Archived