Best friend's twin son has brain cancer

mason204

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

believe it or not i found some caron ss in a stash in the basement! I have made 2 blue squares and will send them in the morning...also i will send what is left of the skein you may be able to use it to join the squares!

Mine didn't get finished for yesterdays mail but are going out in the morning. I used SS Brites, do you want the left over yarn to join with?

I am going to ask a stupid question, but I don't want to send the wrong size. As a fellow Canadian I tend to read things in cms instead of ins. I just want to double check and make sure that I am going to make the right size. It is 12 inches by 12 inches right? I know, silly question :P

Thanks again, everyone!!

A few answers:

1. Yes, 12 inch squares please. I prefer inches to centimetres. The metric system still confuses me.

2. If you can include the leftover "brites" yarn for joining that would be great. It never occurred to me that since I can't find the yarn in Canada, it would be difficult to join the squares with the same type of yarn unless I had some given to me. :oops

3. If you click "gift" on the customs form at the postoffice (which I'm sure you would anyway), I won't have to pay a fee for duty.

I can't wait to see the squares. I'll be sure to post photos of them as I receive them. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

:hook

3. If you click "gift" on the customs form at the postoffice (which I'm sure you would anyway), I won't have to pay a fee for duty.

Cheryl,

I didn't have to click on anything, she just took it, weighed it and said "Canada huh." and I said "Yeppers" and she said " Ok, $2.90 please." I hope you don't have to pay for it! Oh man, let me know! :eek

Your friends situation hits so close to home. My heart breaks for her and she and her boys will be in my thoughts and prayers. I will get some squares in the mail to you ASAP.

This may be a dumb question to you pros but it there a particular hook size you would prefer for the squares? I know 12 X 12, but, what hook size?

Well, I granny without a pattern lots of times and just use whatever size hook I am feeling at the moment. I just finished a blanket for my nephew using M, which made the blanket really soft and loose, but he loves it because he is batman and it ties up easy for his cape!! He says it squoooshes really good for knots and mom can gettum out pretty easy without cussin. He is 5.

Mason204:

:mailMailing squares tomorrow with remaining yarn for joining. Can't wait to see how it looks when you have it all together. Still praying for the twins.

Hello everyone:

Thank you for your kindness and generosity!

1. I received 4 squares in the mail today! Two beautiful blue (aqua) squares came from Sherri (scc51055) and I received two gorgeous squares (one pink and one blue) from Linda (Pineknott). I was literally floored at how close the colours were to the Backyardigans characters. When I showed the squares to my daughter, she knew right away which character each colour represented. Thanks so much ladies!!
  2. As for pattern....I'm not too particular about whether they are all traditional grannies or not. As long as they meet the 12" requirement, any pattern should be fine. So far, all 4 squares I received are traditional grannies and look like they were made with a G or H hook (I crochet loose, so I may be off in my guess).

The boys are going to love these 'ghans.

An update...

My friend's son starts 6 weeks of daily radiation today. He was fitted with a port in his chest early this week as the doctors thought it was the easiest way to administer sedation to him for each treatment. Because of his young age, they worry that he will not be able to remain still during the treatment, hence the sedation. Please pray for him and his family....

i believe i used the g hook on mine! what a pro you must be to be able to tell! I have found that I too crochet loosely, I have bee doing more things where i must check the guage.....If you need more squares please let me know.....:hook

I went to the post office this morning and mailed 2 "cool mint"(aqua blue) squares with the extra yarn this morning. It's a good thing I went early because it's storming now.

Cheryl, I am so sorry that this is happening. I don't know that I could cope with the whole situation. Do you still need more squares? If so Let me know.

Archived