Burned out!

I sat down last night to pick a pattern to crochet and NOTHING looked interesting and I have a list a mile long of projects I want to make. I think I'm burned out! Do you ever get this way??:( I have no desire to crochet. none zilch!

It seems everytime I finish a large project, like an afghan, I get burned out. Need to take a few days off. When I start back to crocheting again, I do alot of frogging. Nothing seems right. Eventually something will grab my attention and back I go to hook.

Yes, I do get burnt out...sometimes so burnt out that I won't pick up a hook for 2 or more years...but now, it's more like 3 or 4 days and then I'm itching to crochet again...

Oh yes! So I took up knitting too.

Now it is wonderful, when I get bored with a knitting project (they do take a lot longer!) I find crocheting new and exciting again.

And vice versa:)

I also took up jewelry making and I do that when nothing can make me happy.

Yup. I too get burned out. Like sprtsbear, it usually happens after a big project. I usually try out a little project, sometimes just grannies to use up scrap yarn, until I get back into the hook of things.

I haven't worked on a really long project in awhile - these fast projects I am doing surely keep me motivated to do more and more...it's those blasted afghans that give me a fit!!!

oh yeah I know the feeling. But dont worry it will pass. I also took up knitting so I can do something different. Just check out the yarns and you will probably get inspired!!

I've kind of had the desire to embroider some pillow cases. Maybe I'll try that for a change of pace! Thanks for the idea. I went through this a while back and I sold all my yarn and didn't crochet for a few years. I don't want to do that again.

Archived