:Annie's Attic AWARD WINNING AFGHANS

:Annie's Attic AWARD WINNING AFGHANS Crochet Patterns (#220004003997)x.gifPersonal Message:it is at 31 dollars right now with 4 hours left.....gl to anyone still looking, this is the best price ive seeen so far:cheer

Laura

Oh my! (Please don't hate me for saying this!!!)....I found a copy at a thrift store July 4th weekend for 50 cents!!!

oh I'm sooooo jealous! I never find that great of a deal anywhere!

You Are So Lucky!!

oh I'm sooooo jealous! I never find that great of a deal anywhere!

You Are So Lucky!!

Never say never :lol I was looking for scrap yarn and then found myself digging through all of these patterns!! I was astonished! How many thrift stores have decent crochet patterns???

Just pays to keep your eyes peeled -- you don't know if the thrift store down the road has one waiting with your name on it :yes

Um, I don't know that I'd SELL it -- but I could maybe be bribed into loaning it out??? (Fisher brand sunflower seeds are my biggest weakness in life !!) :devil

ha, how rated G is my life??? :2blush

I cannot believe that . You can go to her site www.anniesattic.com and probably find it a whole lot cheaper and also get more stuff with the extra money you save from the $31.00. ha. I just don't get it. PINKROSES

Never say never :lol I was looking for scrap yarn and then found myself digging through all of these patterns!! I was astonished! How many thrift stores have decent crochet patterns???

Just pays to keep your eyes peeled -- you don't know if the thrift store down the road has one waiting with your name on it :yes

Um, I don't know that I'd SELL it -- but I could maybe be bribed into loaning it out??? (Fisher brand sunflower seeds are my biggest weakness in life !!) :devil

ha, how rated G is my life??? :2blush

OK, I'm grabbing my :fork :knife :spoon, because I hate to admit it, but I have to eat my words! :yuck

I just returned from my local thrift store, and this is me doing my happy dance :elle:elle:elle

I spent $5 and got the following: (all skeins are full skeins!!!)1 pound of love antique white, 3 afghan acrylic yarn winter white, 1 worsted weight pink, 1 fluff (whatever that is suppose to mean!) blue, 1 self striping yarn blue and white, and Bucilla Crochet Primer, 48 Easy to Crochet Stitches Sampler Afghan!!! and as an added bonus... while I was sitting in my car, looking at my booty AGAIN, because I just couldn't wait until I got home, imagine my surprise when I reach into the pound of love, just to make sure it was a full skein and find a crochet hook, size J, which when I get home I find out that is the ONLY size I didn't own already!!!

So you are right... NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

I cannot believe that . You can go to her site www.anniesattic.com and probably find it a whole lot cheaper and also get more stuff with the extra money you save from the $31.00. ha. I just don't get it. PINKROSES

umm pink, this book has been out of print for quite some time, It is usually in the over fifty dollar range on a regular bases on e-bay

OK, I'm grabbing my :fork :knife :spoon, because I hate to admit it, but I have to eat my words! :yuck

I just returned from my local thrift store, and this is me doing my happy dance :elle:elle:elle

I spent $5 and got the following: (all skeins are full skeins!!!)1 pound of love antique white, 3 afghan acrylic yarn winter white, 1 worsted weight pink, 1 fluff (whatever that is suppose to mean!) blue, 1 self striping yarn blue and white, and Bucilla Crochet Primer, 48 Easy to Crochet Stitches Sampler Afghan!!! and as an added bonus... while I was sitting in my car, looking at my booty AGAIN, because I just couldn't wait until I got home, imagine my surprise when I reach into the pound of love, just to make sure it was a full skein and find a crochet hook, size J, which when I get home I find out that is the ONLY size I didn't own already!!!

So you are right... NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

WOW!!! You really DID fing a bargain! :yay Way to go!!!!!!

I was looking at yarn at another thrift store and they wanted $9.99 for 6 small rolls (almost spools??) of yarn!! People, it's a THRIFT STORE! I don't think I'll be going back there. But I did find some misc buttons I needed for a little giraffe tote bag (the buttons are the giraffe's spots) for only 2 cents each. I spent 37 cents! :lol

I love thrift stores :manyheart

:blush Sorry, I didn't know it was out of print. Please forgive me.

Hey you might could go to www.amazon.com and find it there. they have older books. Used and collectible books. I just orderd a bunch of knitting books. PINKROSES

WOW!!! You really DID fing a bargain! :yay Way to go!!!!!!

I was looking at yarn at another thrift store and they wanted $9.99 for 6 small rolls (almost spools??) of yarn!! People, it's a THRIFT STORE! I don't think I'll be going back there. But I did find some misc buttons I needed for a little giraffe tote bag (the buttons are the giraffe's spots) for only 2 cents each. I spent 37 cents! :lol

I love thrift stores :manyheart

ohmygosh, I would never pay that much for yarn at a thrift store, that's ridiculous. There is one thrift store in my area that usually has yarn, so when I find it I buy everything that is new or clean. Sometimes I get lucky and find full skeins. I have seen some pretty disgusting yarn there that looks like the dog had played with it out in the yard during a rainstorm!

lucky find on the buttons!

:blush Sorry, I didn't know it was out of print. Please forgive me.

Hey you might could go to www.amazon.com and find it there. they have older books. Used and collectible books. I just orderd a bunch of knitting books. PINKROSES

no forgiveness needed, u just didnt know is all:) I ended up paying 50 bucks for my copy

Laura

Thrift stores are wonderfull. I love them. I was buying some yarn when the mngr. asked me to tell him what this "white stuff " was. It was 2 rolls of single size quilt batting. He gave it to me. Said if I didn't take it he would put it in the dumpster. Soooooo......needles to say, I took it. I was able to make 2 quilts from my scrap stash plus a scrapghan from what i got that trip to the thrift store & the whole lot cost me $1. I felt like a bandit. Can't say I've come across any crochet patterns tho.

once in a while i will come across something crocheted, but never yarn, some say they find it, but sadly not me(i need yarn like i need a hole in the head) lol, i wish i would find something awesome one of these days. if not then no worries but would be cool. thanks for sharing with us.:hug :hug

My local Salvation Army is pretty skimpy on yarn and patterns, although I do find skeins of acrylic there once in a while. Finding the AAAWA booklet is a bonus! I emailed Annie's Attic a few weeks ago asking about the possibility of them reprinting this booklet, but I never heard back. No way I'd spend twenty, thirty, fifty or more for this booklet. That would buy a lot of yarn!

No offense to those who did, of course!

Archived