not enought yarn

have you ever crocheted faster when you get to the end of the skein, hoping that you will finish your row/round. Not that crocheting faster helps, you just do it in hopes that you will have enough...

When I get close to the end of a skein, I usually look like this :eek and then like this :think , just because I hope to make it to the end of my round without running out. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my stitches and counting and looking at the pattern, that I forget to check to see if I need to add a new skein.......Gotta love Crochet!

have you ever crocheted faster when you get to the end of the skein, hoping that you will finish your row/round. Not that crocheting faster helps, you just do it in hopes that you will have enough...

Always! It's like I'm trying to trick the yarn or something. :scrachin

:D i guess im hopeing for a magic or something ,i try to go faster to see if it will grow like magic:think it's funny to hear all the answers to the questions we do strange things dont we? but it's funny seeing how many of us are doing these things .So i dont feel so bad :lol .have fun and keep doing fun things and sharing it with all us crochet sisters !:hug In friendship,Theresa from new york :manyheart

I totally do this! I am really not sure why :think What's even odder is that I do it when I am trying to get to the gas station before I run out of gas I drive quicker, even though I know that actually burns gas faster. It's just so hard not to!

I always slow down and make my stitches very carefully so as not to use more yarn than necessary for each stitch. :lol Sometimes if I'm a few inches short, I'll tear out a bunch of stitches and make them slowly and carefully. That usually adds an inch or two and sometimes that's all you need.;)

Yup, I've been know to rip and redo hoping to get the yarn to make it to the last stitch; but mostly I speed up like it will make it last. Sort of like driving faster to make it to the gas station before you hit Empty.

I do tend to speed up when I am not sure I have enough yarn to end a project. Why? I have no idea. But it is funny that so many of us do it also.

Another crochetism for us to ponder.

LInda:manyheart

Lol. I know what you mean. It is so frustrating when that happens. I usually try to buy more than the project calls for cause You just never know. Then I end up with a mix stash of what to do with this? Tee hee. PINKROSES

i'm making this ghan out of leftovers and it's so weird to get close to the end of the ball and end up a few inches short but i'm still trying to make a go of it....faster faster faster and well i knew it i'd end up short, i know this but i can't help it lol, i'm glad to know i'm not alone

Archived