Baby Booties in Thread

itsbarbara

I want to try to crochet a pair of baby booties using thread. (I'm a newbie) I have seen them and think they are beautiful and just found out that my daughter and daughter-in-law are both expecting.

Anyway, I would like a pattern that would be suitable for a christening. Anyone have a pattern that they could direct me to??

Barbara

I came across a pattern that actually has two patterns on it, one in pink and one in blue (of course you can use any color!). I made one set and it was just adorable. It was my first time using thread and I still have one of the pink ones (not sure what happened to the other one :think). If I can find it (just moved so everything is packed away) I'll try to pass along where I found it at.

Hi Barbara,

I am new too, and am also searching for bootie patterns. If I find any I will let you know.

Fun4me

Anyway, I would like a pattern that would be suitable for a christening. Anyone have a pattern that they could direct me to??

Barbara

Oops! Late to the party.

I've made a pattern in thread for a t-strap style Mary Jane bootie.

If you like these, I'll track down the pattern for you. It's free on the web.

27209132808_0_SM.jpg

Hey, if she doesn't, I'll use the pattern...There will be a new addition to my family in December...

Has anyone seen the mary jane booties that have the "sock" with them? The "shoe " part is black...they are soooo cute, and now I can't find the pattern. I'd need something fairly simple though.

Oops! Late to the party.

I've made a pattern in thread for a t-strap style Mary Jane bootie.

If you like these, I'll track down the pattern for you. It's free on the web.

27209132808_0_SM.jpg

They are beautiful, I would love the pattern

cherish x

Eek! I'm trying to find it. I really thought that it was from freepatterns.com. You have to register there, but then they're free - but I couldn't find it yesterday. I PMd the pattern to someone last week - if you have it, please share where its from. I'll keep looking. I'm sure I have it printed out at home and can see if the site is on the page.

I found my copy.

It's from Crochet World Magazine - June 2005

It was designed by Yvonne Healy.

I found it last week on the web, but I'm googling and can't find it now.

I really think it was at freepatterns.com

I'm in the process of copying a pair of maryjanes that my Great-Grandmother made for me (in 1958) no pattern available, but has been easy to duplicate so far. I started it Sunday evening. When I get it done I'll post a picture (Making the sample in red, cause every girl needs a pair of ruby slippers).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived