new mag: Crochet Today

does that mean those who have subscribed but not recieved a magazine yet will be getting the permeir issue?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does that mean those who have subscribed but not recieved a magazine yet will be getting the permeir issue?

Good question - can anyone who has the issue in hand tell the subscribers who are waiting if the "premier issue" says "August/September"?

Thanks!

:emptymailNothing here either. Beginning to wonder. I contacted the editor.. said it takes like 6-8 weeks for delivery. I usually get my other subcriptions on time or before they hit the stands?????

I too have been awaiting my first issue so called Soho Publishing today. They told me that all issues were mailed at the end of August and to "give it another week." Sure hope it arrives soon as it's been on our Barnes & Noble's shelves for weeks!!:think

Kristen

Gosh, I'm so peeved too. Still no magazine. Why did I bother to subscribe?

I called right after Labor Day (the magazine should have been on newsstands for a month by then) and they said they had a major problem getting the labels printed and it would be another 10-14 days. I sure hope they get it fixed by the 2nd issue. Will they be sending 2 at once?

This is ridiculous. It's not like this is the first magazine SoHo has ever put out.

and CHECK to see if they actually have a record of your subscription. I subscribed on July 12th, when the price was $17.97, and received a confirmation e-mail. I'm going to go double check my credit card bills, but I never noticed the charge. I just spoke to Jane at the number above and she had no record of my subscription. :eek:think:eek

So, I have re-subscribed at the reduced price (which she claims everyone should have been charged - even the earliest subscribers) and says I should have the premier issue within 2 weeks.

GO CALL if you haven't received your subscription!!

Well I called and they returned my call. She said she would have another issue sent out to me.....lets see if it gets here...I hope. She was really polite and helpful.. I just hope I get my magazine.

I just called 5 minutes ago and also spoke to Jane. She told me that my subscription starts with the Oct/Nov issue and it's going out tomorrow. (Wed. Sept. 19). I'm just a little disappointed by this whole subscription thing. The price differences ($17.97 - $14.97), the double billing and credit mix-up and not receiving the premiere Aug./Sept issue via mail.

I had subscribed online at the beginning of July when the site went up. I really don't understand what their problems were because like someone else mentioned...this is not Soho Publishing first ever magazine.

Did everyone else that subscribed in July receive the Premiere Issue or is it just me?!

I'm a little miffed, too. I waited till the magazine came out so I could buy it to make sure I wanted to subscribe. I loved it, so I mailed in the little card that I got from the magazine, a few weeks later got an invoice, paid it...all's well, right?

Guess what I got in the mail yesterday. The premiere issue, which I already have and they should know I already have it because I mailed in the card that came with it!

I'm going to call them and ask that they bump back my expiration date one issue. They clearly were not ready for the response they received to this magazine, I think.

Well, still no premiere issue in my mailbox :angry so I called Jane at Soho Publishing this morning to tell her I'd waited long enough after being told all magazines were mailed at the end of August. She told me they would send me another issue right away. I'm not holding my breath! I also subscribed as soon as the magazine was announced on the Coats and Clark website (July?) but am about ready to contact my credit card company to complain that I've paid for goods not received!! This has got to be the worst subscription experience I've had. Thanks for listening.

Kristen in Green Bay

I wonder if this is the pet project of a person at the company to see if they can run all aspects of a magazine. If it is, I'd say there's more than a few bugs in the learning process :-)

I finally found this magazine and I think it's a really good magazine. This issue has a lot of beginner projects, but that's great when I don't feel like doing much. I really wanted to try the booties or baby bib for the baby shower but didn't have enough time, so maybe for the next one.

Debbi

I had subscribed online at the beginning of July when the site went up. I really don't understand what their problems were because like someone else mentioned...this is not Soho Publishing first ever magazine.

Did everyone else that subscribed in July receive the Premiere Issue or is it just me?!

I subscribed in July also. Have not received any issue! Was told the same thing about being sent in August. Will have to contact them again.

A scarf, pompom slippers, java cozy, beaded clutch, his/hers hats, ruffled fleece blanket, monkeys, candy cane throw, snow family wreath, mini stockings, star afghan, snowflakes, beaded ornaments, beaded wrap, ribbony pillow, scalloped skirt, winter lace cardi, evening vest, little denim dress, baby blanket.

:D

I received the Premier issue today in a brown envelope, after calling Jane at Soho Publishing last week to complain about not ever getting it. I'm curious to see if the second issue arrives soon as others have indicated they have received theirs. I have to say that I am not as impressed with Crochet Today as I am with the latest issue of Family Circle Easy Crochet I picked up at Barnes & Noble today. I just hope the subscription situation gets straighened out and I feel like I didn't waste $17.97 for a year!

Kristen in Green Bay

Guess what I got in the mail yesterday. The premiere issue, which I already have and they should know I already have it because I mailed in the card that came with it!

I'm going to call them and ask that they bump back my expiration date one issue. .

They did that to you too? I can't say I was really mad, I spent too much time laughing and wondering who's going to get my spare, or if I should save it in case something happens to the one I'm using.

And I hadn't thought about contacting them and asking them to change the expiration date. Let me know how it goes.

Archived