new mag: Crochet Today

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have looked everywhere for this magazine. where are you all finding it, i even tried the barnes and noble we have. nada zip zilch no magazine:( :( :( :( help please:eek :eek :eek i must have it, somewhere i must find it, i need to feed the crochet pattern addictions on this :lol :lol :lol

I found it at JoAnn's -- my JoAnn's has the crochet magazines on the end cap of the yarn aisles. I tend to agree with the others about the patterns being a little too simple for me (I'd consider my self an inexperienced intermediate crocheter -- I just made that up! LOL I've done more difficult patterns, but very little "sewing" pieces; sleeves, etc).

But I *DO* too really like the format and the fact that they use symbols! Some older patterns have them and I find them very useful. I may get it just for a couple patterns?? May not??

mythunderbird, if you can't find it locally by Monday or so send me a PM and I can pick one up for you.

Did anyone subscribe? Did you get yours in the mail yet?

I subscribed and have yet to receive the mag. I did receive a letter saying that my payment didn't go through, then I received an email saying to disregurard the letter because my payment HAD went through actually twice and they credited it back. And my mag is on its way... that was a little over a week ago. Hope it is worth all the problems...

I picked it up the other day at a nearby Barnes and Noble bookstore ( well , not too close it's actually 20 min away and I did go there just to see if they had this!). I really like this magazine , it's a modern version of Crochet with Heart , but of course with more ads. I am going to subscribe since I think this is a magazine I will actually find patterns I will use. I also picked up Crochet Fantasy , it's nice but I won't subscribe to this one as it's not that great. I still like Crochet , Crochet World and Annie's Favorite crochet magazines the best . I only wish I had more time to crochet.

Wendyb532

I subscribed and have yet to receive the mag. I did receive a letter saying that my payment didn't go through, then I received an email saying to disregurard the letter because my payment HAD went through actually twice and they credited it back. And my mag is on its way... that was a little over a week ago. Hope it is worth all the problems...

Same thing happend to me, except I called when I got the letter. I'm still waiting for the mag. Hopefully it's in the mail. I decided to take the plunge and risk the sub. One year was worth the risk to me.

I picked it up at AC Moore today (was also mentioned on another crochet message board) with a 40% off coupon. Was surprised to see the premier issue at $4.99 instead of the regular $5.99 price (not by AC Moore but by the publisher itself). Reminded me also of the no longer published Crochet with Heart. Hopefully, it will be a success.

LI Roe

I picked up a copy at Border's today. (I just can't resist a new crocheting magazine!) Does seem geared towards beginners but there are several nice afghans inside. And I LOVE that they use both the written pattern and symbol diagrams. It is so much easier for me to follow a diagram once I get started on a project rather than read a long description for the next row.

I'm going to try not to subscribe, but I'll probably pick up the next issue.

Got it at Barnes and Noble yesterday (out of two left!) and flipped through half last night. I like it. I would say the tone is geared toward beginners, too, but some of the patterns seemed to be marked "intermediate." I adore the "retro crochet" feature, where they take a vintage pattern (this issue's was from the 70's) and update it for a more contemporary look. This mag was not disappointing to me, as some other crochet mags have been. I will be subscribing.

I subscribed to the magazine also and had the same response about the payment not going through. I haven't received my premier copy either. I did look through a copy at the book store and I like what I see. The patterns are geared towards beginners, but sometime we want something mindless to do, right?:)

Same thing here...and am awaiting the first issue.:clap

Is this the one that was offering a reduced subscription rate back in July and at the conference?

Yes it is... $17.97 for a full year subscription (6 issues) plus a free crochet pattern for CGOA members.:hook

yay, a magazine with patterns geared toward beginners - perhaps useful patterns that I can actually follow and crochet! I'm going to B&N today so I'm going to check it out there and maybe subscribe.

I'm hitting the bookstores (Borders, Barnes & Noble etc) today to look for the magazine. Neither Michael's nor Hobby Lobby had it on their shelves on Friday.

Update: Found it at Borders! It looks like a very user-friendly magazine, more geared to newer crocheters but the projects are worthy of more experienced crocheters as well!

Also picked up the Spring 2006 copy of Interweave Crocheting that I was searching for. It was a good day! Now if I could just pull myself off the computer, I could start making things!

I found it today at Jo-Ann's and was able to use my coupon on it. It is a beginner type magazine, but I enjoyed it anyway. I like the format and the fact they give suggestions on how to make changes to the patterns. I don't subscribe to magazines, but I will keep a eye out for the next issue.

I picked up this magazine yesterday at Joann's. I wasn't overly thrilled with most of the patterns, but I liked the idea, that anyone could do them. The idea of having written and symbols both for the patterns is a great idea. There are magazines that only have symbols and for those who can not crochet or have trouble with symbols, can not make the patterns.

This magazine is great for beginners of all kinds. Those who need easy patterns and those who want to learn how to crochet with symbols.

Good job and as many said not to much advertising.:yes

Hello Everyone!

I've seen the magazine at stores, but I subuscribed to it and haven't received it yet. Have any of you received your copies yet? Thanks!

I broken down and bought it today from Michaels. I just skimmed it and saw one thing I liked so bought it on a whim...I tend to do that way to often with crochet books/mags-I'm weak! I hope to browse thru it more later and hope there's more than 1 thing I'll make.

Still awaiting my first issue. I think I am going to email the editor again to see whats the hold up. Its been well over 3 weeks since I got the letter about the pament issue and the correction email... I don't think it should be this slow...

i broke down and bought a few copies and have sent them out to some of my friends. and to be honest with ya all, right now i am not that impressed. maybe i am cynical but i think there should be more of a variety of things. oh well, hopefully the next issue will be better with more items that one would want to make besides afghans.:yes :yes :yes :yes :devil :devil just my 2 cents hehe

I really love the first issue and I look forward to many more! I like how they are able to update some older patterns by changing the colours and the yarns. Great idea. My sister loved nearly everything in there. I have a feeling that I'll be making nearly everything out of that magazine. It's not very often that I buy a magazine and like more than 1 or 2 patterns out of it. Very exciting.

I bought the magazine last weekend and like this issue a lot! :cheer

Most magazines have hardly any patterns I would ever want to make -- a lot of them are downright hideous! -- the few I like are usually way more advanced than I'm ready for.

It would be great if they could find a way to keep some of the stuff for beginners and add a bit for intermediate & advanced. For the first issue, though, I am very happy with it!

:clap:c9

For all of you who subscribed and didn't get your issue yet, this is the reply I got this morning from Soho Publishing:

Subscription are starting with the Aug/Sept issue --- Labels for that issue have been printed on August 21 --- had a small problem with computer system --- issue is a little late but it is being processed know --- allow about 7 to 10 days for delivery.

For all of you who subscribed and didn't get your issue yet, this is the reply I got this morning from Soho Publishing:

Subscription are starting with the Aug/Sept issue --- Labels for that issue have been printed on August 21 --- had a small problem with computer system --- issue is a little late but it is being processed know --- allow about 7 to 10 days for delivery.

Thanks for the update. This forum is better at getting answers than trying to contact them directly. I also had the double payment letter and am now awaiting my first issue. I have noticed that there is a special introductory price card in the store copies that say $14.97 for 6 issues. So be sure to check out those subscription cards first before ordering.

Archived