new mag: Crochet Today

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay

Oh OH OH OH OH - I am soooooo excited. :c9 There are not enough Crochet magazines out there. I can't wait for this one to hit the stores. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the impression that the projects are of an easier nature. I know some people who were there to hear Brett speak about this publication can tell more, since I think they actually saw a sneak peek of the first edition.

I found it today at Barnes and Noble. I just glanced through it and it looked OK but I didn't see anything that I'm just dying to make. I'm going to have to start looking through the magazines before I buy, but I'm always so excited to see a crochet magazine that I immediately just buy them.

I got mine today at B&N! :clap Looks good to me! Kinda reminds me of the way Crochet! started. Patterns for afghans, scarves, hats, totes, pillows, toys, baby things and more .... instruction articles! I think a keeper for me!

My son went to the movies to see Miami Vice in Clifton, Nj-

He stopped into the B&N and bought me a copy of the magazine-

imho i didn't like the patterns-

My favorite magazine is still Interweave Crochet magazine-Ican hardly wait for the next issue.

Picked up a copy at Barnes and Noble yesterday. Not too bad. It's fairly obvious that it is being sponsored by Coats and Clark as all the yarns seem to be Red Heart and TLC. They do seem to have gotten the memo that fuzzy yarn is on its way out. I'm not a big fan of Red Heart/TLC/Aunt Lydia's but I did like the patterns. I do think they've been taking a look at the Mason Dixon Knitting book as three of the patterns are very MDK -- the Log Cabin afghan, the bib, and the creativity baskets. I've definitely seen crochet patterns for these items before but it's pretty obvious that the editors were inspired to include these patterns by the MDK ladies. (I am sure I will make the creativity baskets

I probably won't subscribe but I will likely buy future issues at the newsstand if there are enough interesting patterns.

I, too, bought the magazine at Barnes & Noble and took it to the local CGOA meeting. Most of the meeting attendees had heard about it at the last conference in July and seemed positive about it.

The magazine is NOT trying to compete with crochet fashion mags if this issue is any example of the future. Don't expect to see too many of the lastest fashions. It seems trying to snag beginners and set a format for crocheters to enjoy.

This format seems to include....

Patterns on the least amount of pages possible....preferably on one open spread. Lots of pictures and written and symboled versions. Yarn types are named as well as using standard 1-6 weight designations. Pictures of yarn are included. All projects are shown on page inside rear cover.

As far as I could tell there is very little advertising and what there is does not interfere with the patterns.

I may not like all the patterns but I have to say I would like to see more magazines that used this format. Reading an article that's scattered all over the magazine is one thing........trying to follow a pattern over multiple pages can be trying. Hopefully this will bring in new crocheters and maybe other yarn manufacturers will create magazines to promote their products.

i have looked everywhere for this magazine. where are you all finding it, i even tried the barnes and noble we have. nada zip zilch no magazine:( :( :( :( help please:eek :eek :eek i must have it, somewhere i must find it, i need to feed the crochet pattern addictions on this :lol :lol :lol

I really enjoy this mag! It has easy to follow patterns, andthings that are useful to most people. Can't wait for the next issue!

I found the magazine in Books-A-Million. I really love it I think it is great for me a person new to crochet just learned to crochet in November 2005. One of the patterns graphic granny it has pictures of what your mofits should look like tells you what kind of yarn to buy and has both written and symbols. I really want to try the graphic granny. I hope Hobby Lobby has a sale soon on their TLC yarn soon. Theresa from NC

Patterns on the least amount of pages possible....preferably on one open spread. Lots of pictures and written and symboled versions. Yarn types are named as well as using standard 1-6 weight designations. Pictures of yarn are included. All projects are shown on page inside rear cover.

Yes, this is an excellent format. I am so annoyed with the magazines that have articles about the projects and then put the patterns in small type in the back of the magazine. I definitely think I like this format better. Much more user friendly.

Archived