Whats a scrumble?

Shellybrook

From what I understand (I haven't clicked on that link above yet, so I could be wrong), a scrumble is a bunch of small crocheted/knitted pieces, in any shape and/or size, put together.

A lot of people use these "scrumbles" to make bigger projects. I've seen scarves and purses/bags made out of them. I haven't seen it yet (although I'm pretty sure somebody somewhere has probably done this already), but I would think that you could use a "scrumble" as a smaller piece of a larger wearable (like on a sweater, for example... as a focal point).

:)

Yes that was a spectacular link. :blush Looks like something I could really get into. I'm not one for patterns, and have already added my own innovative stitches when I see fit. I could really dig a scrumble. Thanks for the link!

I had gone to CGOA conference 3 years ago and learned the fine art of scrubbling. It is so neat all the projects that can be done by making many, many scrubbles and sewing them together. You can add so much texture, color, and excitement to a piece. And it is a way to use many kinds of scraps in a way that is useful. I have seen handbag flaps that are just loaded with scrubbles. It makes it very interesting and fun. There are books about freeform that can give you some ideas on how to do it. The best thing is to have fun and use your imagination.

Good luck.

LInda:manyheart

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Wow, what an explosion of colors and textures! I really like some of those. Thanks for the link.

Wow!

what a lovely funky range of colours and yarns! I love them! but I have a question, what do you do with them? so let me know.

LoisP

• 3 months later...

Archived