necklace for $120!!!

Looking through the Anthropologie catalog that came through my mail today and here is a "crochet collar" which is remarkably similar to the one from Interweave for . . . . are you ready . . . . $198.00.

http://www.anthropologie.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=13257&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=crochet

I see this one is made by the same person...Hayden. I'm wondering, could this be a pseudonym?

Well, since I'm usually in a camp all by myself anyway :blink , here goes. When I got the mag, I didn't think that item was all that pretty anyway (ok ok! I thought it was ugly :shrug ), and I sure wouldn't pay $120 for it. anybody trying to take credit for someone else's work is deplorable and despicable.

I see this one is made by the same person...Hayden. I'm wondering, could this be a pseudonym?

Hayden Harnett is the company that had the item that started this whole thread. I, too, find the rewording less than satisfactory ("adapted"?), but at least they name the original designer and the publication. Since we contacted both Interweave and Hayden Harnett, I guess they discussed the issue and made whatever arrangements. It looks like Anthropologie just buys them from Hayden Harnett and re-sells them at a profit. If people want to do their homework, they can buy "directly" from Hayden Harnett and save $78. I wonder how much the grandmother who makes them gets paid. :D

Amy (yarnaholic), thanks for your thoughtful posts on information and the link. You really are a super-moderator.

Now I understand why Etaria (crochetgarden.com) has a bounty hunter program.

When i saw it on the magazine i didn't think it was pretty either, but i must admit, the shot from anthropology makes it look really nice. The necklace was featured on Lucky (or was it Marie Claire) last month. I don't remember what mag because i threw it away.

Anyways, he is shameless making $$ with that design!

Archived