Make Hairpin Crochet Loom

That's really cool. I was just thinking about looms today and wondering how hard it would be to make one. Never thought of using glue sticks though. Very clever. :yes

That is so completely cool! You are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing this. I've wanted to try hairpin lace and I looked at a couple of the 'tools' in a catalog and they were over $20!!!! You're right - I do have everything needed to make these lying around the house!

Aren't YOU the clever creative craftster! :lol I wish you had posted this before I spent $15 on a Clover loom!:hook

Thanks everyone. There are a couple of patterns in the current Interweave Crochet and I just wanted to try doing hairpin crochet first before buying a fancy $20 contraption at the lys. Figured others were in the same boat. Its fun and easy.

Very nifty! I've been wanting forever to try hairpin lace crochet, and had asked my BF to get me one of those "expensive" looms for my birthday. Maybe I'll try this so I know I'm not wasting my birthday wish on something I won't end up using. :lol

How creative to use glue stickes. Your cable purse is very pretty, too.

• 8 months later...

many, many, many years ago I needed a hairpin lace loom, and none were available. Or, at least, not at a price I could afford.

So I took four popsicle sticks. Glued two together, to make the top & bottom bars. I drilled holes at the desired intervals. Then used knitting needles for the posts!

I have no idea where my makeshift loom is now, otherwise, I'd post a pic of it!

Archived