Soap Sack

http://knittinginsteadofhousework.blogspot.com/2006/07/crocheted-soap-sack.html#links

At this site, is a cute little pattern, perfect to accompany dishclothes or bath items as a aside gift. It crochets up with just a bit of a stong yarn like linen or hemp (maybe cotton). I've got it under my free patterns entry as well as today's entry.

Let me know if you like it or have any questions.

Hi Jeanette,

Very cute soap sack.

What's very strange is that before I sat down at the computer tonight I was freehanding a little drawstring bag for our shower soap scraps. Mine is nothing like yours though. Yours is very pretty and lacy and mine is utiltarian.

I noticed on your blog that you're eyeing the hemp yarn at Elann... I want some too.. very badly, but haven't broken down to order yet. I suspect I will give in soon tho.

That's quite a charming little bag. It can be used for many other things besides soap! Thanks for posting that pretty pattern to your blog. I like the dishcloth too but I haven't learned to knit!

You gals are so incredibly sweet!

Lisaizme, I bought entirely too much hemp. A little pecan, a little warm sand, a little bittersweet, a little sapphire moon. I can't wait until it comes in, but I really didn't NEED to order this much hemp (especially since I recently particapated in a coop that purchased a hemp blend :eek.....I'm going to be coming up with quite a lot of new patterns over the next few months to use all this stuff up!).

Roli: I thought that too. I think that I could use it as a small bag to carry my cell phone, keys, and ID with just a tiny bit of moderation (instead of lacing the bag like a corset, do it like a drawstring). My mind won't think of anything else right off, but let me know what you (or anyone else) comes up with.

LizC: I love blogging and checking out blogs. Do you have one?

Ladycrochet, I just sent it off with the dishclothe to a dishclothe exchange partner. And yes, I put a glorious bar of lavender soap in it.

Yarncat and Silkymist, thank you! :hook

You gals are so incredibly sweet!

Lisaizme, I bought entirely too much hemp. A little pecan, a little warm sand, a little bittersweet, a little sapphire moon. I can't wait until it comes in, but I really didn't NEED to order this much hemp (especially since I recently particapated in a coop that purchased a hemp blend :eek.....I'm going to be coming up with quite a lot of new patterns over the next few months to use all this stuff up!).

Roli: I thought that too. I think that I could use it as a small bag to carry my cell phone, keys, and ID with just a tiny bit of moderation (instead of lacing the bag like a corset, do it like a drawstring). My mind won't think of anything else right off, but let me know what you (or anyone else) comes up with.

LizC: I love blogging and checking out blogs. Do you have one?

nope, no blog. all the words are in my head. cant get them to go pen & paper or keys on the computer! LOL

Ladycrochet, I just sent it off with the dishclothe to a dishclothe exchange partner. And yes, I put a glorious bar of lavender soap in it.

Yarncat and Silkymist, thank you! :hook

nope, no blog. all the words are in my head. cant get them to go pen & paper or keys on the computer! LOL

Archived