i need help quick

I'm not sure how you would do the handles out of plastic canvas.

I've heard about (or seen somewhere) that you can use the lids of used Cool Whip containers as bag handles. It seems to me that they cut out the middle of the lid, and crocheted around what was left. (I Googled and could not find an example - sorry!) It seemed easy enough, and was all cute and mod and fun!

Good luck... and don't forget to post a picture.

You can use plastic lids, embrodiery hoops with the hardware removed ,macrame rings; look around your world and you will be surprised at how many things could be used for purse handles. I once used a set of oval picture frames. I like to "line" my crocheted handles with the strips you put onto drapes to hold the hooks. It gives the handles stability but does not make them rigid. Plastic canvas will work but it will crack

I like to "line" my crocheted handles with the strips you put onto drapes to hold the hooks. It gives the handles stability but does not make them rigid.

Would you explain a little more about what you mean about the drapery strips??? Do you have a picture?

Thanks!

Joan

You can also try using belts, sturdy ribbon, strips of cloth, or rope to make handles. I often buy old purses that have handles I like at garage sales and thrift stores, then cut off the handles and recycle them for my projects. I save lots of money by doing that!

BTW, I think when craftconnie1 says she lines her handles with cloth, she uses a cloth that is very much like artists' canvas. But I think any non-stretchy cloth would suffice in that instance.

Archived