Really pretty shawl pattern

I was looking through the Annie's Attic catalog and saw this beautiful shawl pattern and then I also saw it on eBay, same price, but without the shipping because the eBay one is an e-pattern... just thought I'd let anybody know whose interested.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gourmet-Crochet-Lisette-Sweater-Shawl-Pattern-NEW_W0QQitemZ8291677465QQihZ020QQcategoryZ11798QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:bheart :bheart I love these patterns! Every time I see them, I want to try and tackle them.

Then I get over myself. :lol

That is really pretty. May have to look into buying a copy. Because, you know, I just don't have enough crochet patterns. :blush

(One day I'll take a pic of my pattern stash to show off.)

That is really pretty. May have to look into buying a copy. Because, you know, I just don't have enough crochet patterns. :blush

(One day I'll take a pic of my pattern stash to show off.)

Boy, I know how you feel... sometimes I wish I was an octopus and could work on four things at once. I honestly think that if I stopped working tomorrow and did nothing but dedicate my life to crochet I'd still never finish all the patterns I want to make! I have books with bookmarks in so many pages, and so many printed patterns, so many leaflettes... what are they, WIMs? Works In Mind!:eek

I must say this is a really easy pattern and works up quickly! Very airy and open and so far chains and triple crochets (man, those make a project move fast!:yay )

I might actually FINISH something! :blush

My family will go into shock! :eek

Both of those designs are so pretty, especially the black:manyheart I think it would be nice on Us "Fluffier" ladies:blush ....thanks for sharing them...it is hard to find something so pretty for Plus Sizes.

Both of those designs are so pretty, especially the black:manyheart I think it would be nice on Us "Fluffier" ladies:blush ....thanks for sharing them...it is hard to find something so pretty for Plus Sizes.

Amen, sister! :hug I adore flowy patterns for just that reason! The excuse "I just had a baby" is wearing thin... the youngest turns 13 this year....:blush

I can't use the baby excuse! I have no kids! BUT... my SIL has 6... so can I call it "sympathy weight"? :lol

I'm going to get one of these patterns! I could make one for my Mom for the Alaskan cruise we are taking in 2007. What a lovely dinner jacket it would make!

I ordered a hard copy from Carolyn and paid $1.00 shipping, I didn't realize she had epatterns available. Any way it took about 2 days to get here and I can't wait to get started, just got to get a few other things out of the way first.

This one's really easy!:yes You might want to give it a try!

Wow! I really love that pattern... just my style! Covers a lot of fluffiness, in a cool way.

Are you sure it's easy? Doesn't look easy!

Joan

There's a sweater shawl by Dorothy Clary that is VERY similar.

http://www.galaxymall.com/craft/crochetshawls/

one caveat.. if you should order these patterns.. there are NO pictures. You'll need to grab them from the website. I ordered these back last year sometime and they came as a MSword document.

so, you also need to have MSWord.. or a clone (openOffice, StarOffice).

enjoy folks.

Boy, I know how you feel... sometimes I wish I was an octopus and could work on four things at once. I honestly think that if I stopped working tomorrow and did nothing but dedicate my life to crochet I'd still never finish all the patterns I want to make! I have books with bookmarks in so many pages, and so many printed patterns, so many leaflettes... what are they, WIMs? Works In Mind!:eek

some times i think my wim's are better off known as whims:devil !!

Laura

I started the Lisette shawl/sweater on July 2 and am now on the very last round. It is wonderful!!! I love Carolyn's designs. I have 3 others and plan to get more.

..and Joan, Yes, this really is easy. She includes a nice close-up of the pineapple rounds also, so if you did find anything confusing, you can look at the picture...it's very clear and could be very helpful.

Oooh. It is a pretty pattern. I would love to get it but I can't justify it right now. I just bought several pattern books. I have to be a good girl. Sometimes. lol.

Rosemary

• 1 month later...

I have this pattern. The first 21 rounds go pretty fast, but getting all the way around after that takes a while. I would bribe myself. One round a day and I can have a little chocolate. Even so, it didn't take that long to finish and came out great. I wore it Saturday and two people asked me to make them one. I started a second one yesterday and got to round 18 before I got tired. I wonder how one would add sleeves to this. Couldn't be too hard, but my brain is tired....

Sandra Johnson

I have this pattern. The first 21 rounds go pretty fast, but getting all the way around after that takes a while. I would bribe myself. One round a day and I can have a little chocolate. Even so, it didn't take that long to finish and came out great. I wore it Saturday and two people asked me to make them one. I started a second one yesterday and got to round 18 before I got tired. I wonder how one would add sleeves to this. Couldn't be too hard, but my brain is tired....

Sandra Johnson

You're NOT KIDDING!!!! I jammed through all the triple crochet, chain two parts, but those pineapples rounds keep going and going and going...:eek I think I'll try the bribery method... It's coming out so pretty and I even try it on every so often just for inspiration, but man oh man is it slow going...

There's a sweater shawl by Dorothy Clary that is VERY similar.

http://www.galaxymall.com/craft/crochetshawls/

From the Clary Website

SWEATER SHAWL

Here you can buy this beautiful Crochet Sweater Shawl pattern! Light weight but warm, comes with armholes. :eek Wear it anywhere! Timelessly stylish for work, shopping, club meetings, or evening wear. Try different yarns to change its elegance. Great for all sizes. Excellent for teaching yourself the arts and crafts of crocheting.

Sorry, I'm just having one of those days today. someone called the Cathedral window afghan ugly and I am stilll smarting over it, sort of.

This pattern did make the hit list at "what not to crochet" - -- close to the bottom of the page.

http://whatnottocrochet.wordpress.com/

Looks like the writer is trying to copycat http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/. I'll bet Carolyn Christmas laughed all the way to the bank at them, to deposite the money she's made (and still making) selling this pattern. I wonder....do they design? And if so, where are the pics??? :devil

I have a pattern very similar to this in one of my hardback Annie's Books "Annie's Favorite Quick and Easy Projects" it's called Circular Shawl by Teena Parziale .. I LOVE it .. I've made two so far .. and working on a third ... takes no time at all to make .. and can be made in worsted weight for taller ladies. And of course, I did all three in black ... gotta love black!!:cheer

Archived