hello please help me i'm new here

hello ,my name is theresa ,and i'm new here and a little lost ,i am happy to meet you all and to join in with you ladies. Is there a chat place for us to chat? .i'm looking forward to meet so many nice people here. Thank you,In friendship,Theresa :ty

Hi, Theresa, and welcome to Crochetville...

I have not yet run into a 'chat room' on the 'ville... I think a lot of us are too scattered and tend to run around, work on our crochet, stop by the 'ville and check to see what's going on.

We definitely get into conversations on different threads, whether it be crochet-related or off-topic. If you want to talk about something in particular then just start a thread under the appopriate heading - whether you want to talk about a piece you're working on, get some help on a certain technique, ask if someone knows where to find a particular pattern (of course we strictly adhere to copyright laws and don't share patterns except those that are in the 'public domain' i.e. free sites) or you can go start a thread about what's going on in your life - just won the lottery, broke your toe tripping over the cat...

Look around a bit at some of the other threads going and you may want to add a comment or even be able to help someone or just give a word of encouragement!

We love having you here, and if you want to find out if there's a chat room that the rest of us don't know about you might try contacting one of the wonderful moderators!

Happy Hooking!

Mrs Principal is right, alas....no chat room:( , but this is still a fantastic place! It took me about 2 or 3 weeks of coming here everyday to explore all of the site...(it is HUGE!)...glad to have you join us....and looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Hi, Theresa, and welcome to Crochetville...

I have not yet run into a 'chat room' on the 'ville... I think a lot of us are too scattered and tend to run around, work on our crochet, stop by the 'ville and check to see what's going on.

We definitely get into conversations on different threads, whether it be crochet-related or off-topic. If you want to talk about something in particular then just start a thread under the appopriate heading - whether you want to talk about a piece you're working on, get some help on a certain technique, ask if someone knows where to find a particular pattern (of course we strictly adhere to copyright laws and don't share patterns except those that are in the 'public domain' i.e. free sites) or you can go start a thread about what's going on in your life - just won the lottery, broke your toe tripping over the cat...

Look around a bit at some of the other threads going and you may want to add a comment or even be able to help someone or just give a word of encouragement!

We love having you here, and if you want to find out if there's a chat room that the rest of us don't know about you might try contacting one of the wonderful moderators!

Happy Hooking!

thank you since im new is there anything or place particular that i look? i feel so thankful for youre kindwords .thank you theresa:cheer

thanks for the warm welcomes ,i really feel welcomed and comfortable .Is there any place you can recommend me to look since im new? thank you all .In friendship, Theresa:manyheart

thank you since im new is there anything or place particular that i look? i feel so thankful for youre kindwords .thank you theresa:cheer

Well, I will selfishly point you to a thread called Fugly Yarn Help (just clip the word 'search' at the top and type those words in) that I started sort of as a complaint about some, well, fugly yarn... Another member, Shelle, who has had her designs published by Leisure Arts as well as in other books, made a little guy we named Fugly the Ugly Yarn Basket and he has taken on a life of his own... He is now on a world tour (just got back from Turkey)... The thread is only a few months old but is nearing 10,000 hits and has hundreds of posts... people have complained of laughing so hard that coffee came through there nose, or their family (or co-workers) were wondering what they were cracking up about.

There's another funny thread going about You Know You're a Stashaholic When... and it is hilarious what people will do to 'hide' their yarn stash - one person described how to cut into the box spring of your mattress and stuff the yarn in there then sew it back up! Others hide it in their vehicles, under beds - everywhere!

If you're looking for pattern ideas then click on any of the crochet show and tell sites and look to see what people are making - a lot of us use the free pattern sites (there's a bunch - in fact there's a whole section on free pattern links!) so if you see that someone is making something you like they are almost always happy to tell you where to get the pattern, if they haven't already listed that info along with their pictures.

If you're into a certain type of crochet - thread, felting, tunisian, Irish - then look under the various headings until you find the listing for what you enjoy doing.

If you want to join in with some of the charity things that go on there are many generous people who give of their time (and talent and yarn) and make everything from lapghans for invalids to chemo caps...

And of course you can join a CAL (crochet along) so you're crocheting the same thing others are making and you give each other support...

So do that for a while, I'm going to eat supper, and let us know what you think!

Everyone else is correct, we no longer have a chat room feature here. We were getting reports of so many problems within the chat room (since admins or mods were not present every hour of the day in the chat room itself) that the chat room license was not renewed when it expired earlier this year.

Instead of chatting, just post in the threads and communicate with people via PM or email sent through the forum. It's not quite as good as instant chatting, but this forum is so active that it's pretty close! ;)

I too am new to this site and had the same questions that you do. Maybe we can find them together. It was interesting to read the posts that you have gotten. It answered some of my questions!:D I think this will really be fun once we get the hang to navigate the site!

Sherri from stafford, va

:clapHi and Welcome from the Tampa Bay, Florida Area.:clap

This is a great site, with lots to read and lots of stuff to see.

We have a great time and when you are down, there is always a humorous post to read.:hook

Archived