Delightful Baby Kimono!

RileyCat

Hi everyone,

I am so excited to share for the first time here at crochetville.org one of my creations!

My new niece, Sophia Madison Morse, was born on May 31, 2006. We will see her for the first time this weekend, as she and her wonderful parents live about 2 hours away near Chicago.

I made a kimono for Sophia based on "The Crocheted Kimono" pattern from the book Lion Brand Yarn Vintage Styles for Today by Nancy J. Thomas & Charlotte J. Quiggle.

Excluding the flower, which I added on for a little extra flair, I used 3.5 ounces of lavender Lion Brand Jamie baby yarn. The flower is made from a scrap of white Red Heart Baby Sport Pompadour. I used an aluminum G hook.

Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure!

Kimono001.jpg

Flower detail

Kimono003.jpg

Sleeve detail

Kimono004.jpg

Bow detail

Kimono005.jpg

Debra, that is beautiful! It looks light and lacy, but durable and warm. Not to mention soft and cuddly, while also just plain beautiful! And I love the flower :manyheart

Thanks for sharing! I'm sure your neice (and her parents) will love it, too!

Thanks, everyone!

I can't wait to make up another one. I have some yarn left and another pregnant friend, which the ultrasound has confirmed is a girl.

Although, another friend's baby was supposed to be a girl but came out with a stem on the apple!

Love it! Love it! I wish there were some baby girls around here. We have a lot of babies, but they are all boys. You did a great job.

Hi everyone,

I am so excited to share for the first time here at crochetville.org one of my creations!

I usually stay out of the baby show and tell threads since I'd like to have grandchildren, but don't yet! On a whim I opened yours, RileyCat. Wow! How darling! I love the bow, the shells, the flower, the color... It's perfect. But what I like best is your pure enthusiam and excitement over the project. That tells me the kimono is even better than the pictures let on.

I hope you have a great time delivering it to the new baby and her family. Get lots of baby holding time in! Lucky!

I'll be staying out of this show and tell section for a while.

Archived