Do you think it will sell??

They must have money to burn.

Yeah, I think sometimes folks get a little crazy with the bidding. About 5 years ago, I was selling some antique and older-but-not-antique phones on ebay. One of them was a round donut phone (like the one on this page, except mine was yellow: www.io.com/~nelson/phone/phones.htm )

I put it up at 9.99. Figured it would go up to about $20 since donut phones were selling for about that much on ebay at the time. It sold for over $60. The best part: I had paid $3 for it at Goodwill and cleaned it up a bit.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw that she's lowered the listing price a little bit ... I'll be watching this one, too. I think she's going to have to lower it a few times.

And you know - this is the nitpicky part of me ... but if you're going to ask so much money, don't you think she could maybe - just maybe - have done a little bit more artistic of a picture?? That pic is just not a good - well, artistic anyway - representation of her work. I still don't think it should be listed at that much but the presentation sure isn't helping her, lol.

She has really dropped the prices now.. The one is going for 225 and the other for 150...

Maybe with everyone emailing her telling her that she is nuts and how much she would only get for them she decided to lower the prices..

Guest Yarnentangled

We all know a lot of talented work went into making those blankets. They're very beautiful even if the yarn isn't the highest quality.

I don't think the seller made these items. Maybe her grandmother made them while watching " The Price is Right" and this seller woman rationalizes that since handmade quilts sell for a mint, why can't needlecraft items sell well too? Thats just my guess. Who knows, maybe grandma made them for her and she is turning around and selling them? Maybe she is holding Aunt Gretta hostage and opened up her own crochet sweat shop? I don't get the high prices.

Lack of bidding and time will tell her that she is listing these items way too high. I don't think its really necessary to email her.

I just take pity on the person who actually made these items. I think she is very talented and the blankets are lovely. The time and talent that went into them are priceless. I think its sad to see no one bid on them. I hope they sell.

You know, you're probably right. I didn't think about that. I don't think any crochetter that experienced would even try to list Red Heart as the highest quality material. I mean, it's good enough stuff, great for afghans that are being thrown around, used a ton, washed a lot. But I'd never talk about how high quality it is. Just good for those above reasons.

Archived