Do you think it will sell??

but...but...but... you can get it on Ebay credit for only $37 a month!!

too funny.. I've seen some strange things on Ebay... strip afghans with uneven rows, bad colors.. lotsa claims etc, but don't think I've ever seen anyone claim RH as the "best" :frog

This will definitely be one to watch.. I personally like the pattern, bet it would look really cool in plain black and white (with maybe some grey) for accent.... :rock

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once saw a woman try to seel a rock... bidding started at 99 cents. It was a plain rock form her yard. Nothing special except she said it came from her neighbors yard and they never came to claim it so she was selling it...

Scarey thing was it actually had bidders.... So I know it sold for a couple dollars at least!

Maybe it's a magic Afghan like the rug in Aladdin?

Wow! I think handmade goods are worth a good amount, but I think this crafter is reaching a bit too far with that price. I sell my handmade bags for $50, but I also use really nice fabrics and I put alot of love and attention into detail.

I will surely be watching this auction to see if anyone bids on it.

Guest Yarnentangled

...for cheapo RH yarn it's not worth it. Even with Brad Pitt in it. That think should be made of angora for that price.

I like RH yarn but give me a break!!! Even with over 30 years experience there is no way that it is worth $750.00. I love crocheting and it would be nice to make a little profit from some of my creations (so I can get more yarn LOL) but I know that nothing I create will ever be worth that much esp. not a RH afghan. This just boggles my mind.

Mel

Someone should send her a link to this discussion, maybe she needs a reality check. While her afghans are lovely and the picture taking set up is done very well, I'm :? her description of REd Heart yarn, come on.

Laura

Yes, her photo set is pretty. Hmm... :ideanot I was going to wonder out loud if it stretches her items, but I think that would only happen with a more delicate fiber than RH. :))

~Tricia

I actually wondered about the stretching too.. maybe they just hung them up for a quick photo?

RH will stretch.. or it used to unless they've changed it since then.. I never recommend hanging anything crocheted.. the baby dresses aren't so bad because they aren't heavy but I'd never pin an afghan up like that to take a photo.. eek

wow. i am speechless. :eek2

that is a LOT of money for all that *fine* material. :wink

Come to think of it, I've an afghan made of RH and it's kinda stretched out of proportion, but it gets used ALOT. Well, that and I'm not so sure it was square to begin with. :D!

~Tricia

P.S. I notice that noone has yet bid on that glorious :rolleyes one-of-a-kind.

you know this person might actually "think" it is worth that much. holy cow thast alot of money for a afghan. maybe someone SHOULD e-mail her and let her know her price is a bit steep. kinda sad if you ask me. probbaly someones grannie who said oh wow grandma you could get 80o.oo on e-bay???? all i can say is:wow :wow :wow :wow :wow :U

well i did it guys. i e-mailed her and asked her why she was charging so much and also told her she very likely will not even get a bite, and that maybe she should consider changing her price. it is a beautiful afghan and worth maybe 100., 150, but as someone else here said the stitch just looks hard, it really isn't. i hope she doesn't gt upset, but hey someone had to do it and i am just in that kind of mood :w-lol :w-lol vicki

hi michelle, me too, she is probably chewing me out up one side and down the other:rotfl don't care, thats is just tooooo crazy. i couldn't spend that if itwere made of 100%silk, sheesh, will let you know if i hear from her:rotfl :rotfl vicki

Heheh yeah I think we'd *all* be curious to know her response lol. I showed this thread and the object of our curiosity to my hubby and even he said there's just no way. Said as much as he loves the blanket I made for him he wouldn't pay $800 for it (and it's made from RH lol) though if someone wanted to buy it that's probably what he'd ask ;)

You want to know how fickle people are that buy on eBay.?! Last week the pattern for a doll bassinet from Annies Attic that is out of print sold for $41.00, and $81.00. They must have money to burn. No pattern is worth that!!! They both started out about $5.00 ( I bid $7 but got smoked.)

I must say, I've made some pretty intricate patterns, but nothing for that much. I think I got $85 for a beautiful filet tablecloth, and $80 for an American flag afghan. I will be watching here for the response to her email. Unfortunately the computer I'm on does not let me get on ebay, so I have no idea what the item in question looks like :bang

Here is what they look like:

This one had a starting bid of $750.00 or buy it now for $875.00......it did not sell she had relisted it at a starting bid of $450.00 or buy it now for $575.00

a1_12_sb.jpg

This one had a starting bid of $550.00 or buy it now for $675.00.....it did not sell she has relisted at a starting bid of $250.00 or buy it now for $475.00

65_12_sb.jpg

Mandy

Archived