HELP! Really need Blog site recommendations...

:hiHi Everyone:hook

My name is Pattianne. I have a problem and hope that someone here can help. I finally have a digital camera (gift from photog son!) and need to find a Good Place for a Crochet (+other crafts) blog. Having never done anything on the computer except buy (mostly patts & yarn:yarn)and email. Want to be able to post pictures etc without being charged an arm and leg or having unfriendly pop-up confronting everyone who wanders or comes by...would really appreciate any recommendations??:ty

Pattianne

• 2 weeks later...

I third the vote on Blogger - one account allows multiple blogs, too, so you can have a craft blog and an everyday life blog, if you want. And it is very easy to set up and use.

For a beginner I like Blogger (http://www.blogger.com)

It works well with Picassa and Hello for loading pictures (do a google search for them.. they're google products and are FREE)

Another free place for hosting pictures is photobucket. (http://www.photobucket.com) there are limits to what you can upload and then you have to pay.. but I haven't reached my limit in over 3 yrs...

I'm leary of webshots.. at least some of their stuff. I do computer tech support during the school year and I've had to remove webshots from a lot of teachers & secretaries computers because it was slowing them way down. (and this is on a T1 line .. very fast access). I think it was the screensavers that webshots offers.. but I'm very cautious about webshots since that experience.

wordpress is good for blogs too. I'm seriously considering moving mine over there one day.

Hope this helps.

I use and love wordpress but I also enjoy the coding end of it and changing things around. IMO one of the most userfriendly free blog sites is, as the consensus says, blogger.

Archived