Prison Poncho

I read on another forum that Lion Brand Yarn's website has been swamped with people requesting information on Martha Stewart's poncho. Anyway, Lion Brand has sent a couple of the ladies an email saying that they are working as fast as they can and will have a pattern posted for it next week. It will be for their Homespun yarn.

I thought it was a lovely poncho, and everyone is curious as to who made it:? I personally think it is funny that it has picked up the nickname, Prison Poncho. :lol

:f-1 Thanks Martha for making crocheting even more fashionable. :D!

Stitchinpick

I got the email tonight with the poncho they came up with.

Here's the thing...here's what it said:

Our newsletter and web site next week (we’re working as fast as we can!) will feature the pattern and picture of the new poncho.

I thought they talked in this was that they would either have it a free pattern or charge for the pattern. It's a KIT! They have it as regular $80, but on sale for $59.97! If I'm going to make something, I want to chose my own kind of yarn for that kind of money. I don't know...it just got to me a bit.

Anywhoo...here's the link to Martha's Poncho

I saw on a news channel Martha briefing her employees. She did mention that the person who did it for her got the yarn in the comisary (sp?) and is very talented! THEN she added that they arent ALL talented... ouch! LOL Kinda rude I thought, but none the less Heather will be sporting a Martha poncho soon! LOL

YarnGoddessHeather

Guest Yarnentangled

Does Lionbrand and Bernat have two different " Coming Home" poncho patterns both claiming to be Martha's poncho.

Lionbrand simply added a colar and fringe to their Granny Poncho pattern and Bernat's looks more like a mesh stitch.

I prefer Bernats pattern but I ain't spendin' 80 bucks on it.

Another version is at Mary Maximum (sp?)

You can get the yarn kit for either 19.99 or 46.99 depending on the type of yarn kit you want.

I am sure that it can be made at all different prices depending on the yarn you use.

:sun

Archived