Orange sea star - link added

cupcake

That's really terrible Cupcake! It's a real shame that you've had to take down your patterns because of this.

I've only just wandered on to your site after stumbling across this posting - and everything you have designed looks so fresh and fun compared to a lot of the crochet sites around.

I'm sorry to have missed out on some of your patterns - perhaps you could make the patterns available to buy from your Etsy store?

Please don't stop blogging though - your site has opened my eyes to some fantastic future projects and I'm sure it's inspired hundreds of other crochetters too!

:hug How saddened I am to hear someone is copying off your patterns, I think anyone here would say without a doubt that you are the ORIGINAL sea gal, and your patterns are one of a kind, NO ONE could possibly copy them to your ability, please don't let this stop you from creating, WE all know your the BOMB when it comes to your original designs.

SHAME on someone selling knock offs, I hope you can take them down!

HUGS:hug

JoAnn

I need to vent.

I just stumbled across someone selling the following motifs on the web:

Starfish (or sea star), shark, sea horse, crab, shell.

These look so much like mine. To give them the benefit of the doubt they are selling some scarfs and a few other bits and bobs, and suddently there is the sealife... the crab like my crab, the shark as in this post, the starfish as in this post, a shell that is an adaption and a rather sad looking seahorse that looks liked they have tried from my blog or other posts.

Now maybe this is all a coincidence that someone in Brooklyn ( where is brooklyn anyway?? ) suddenly decides to crochet these things to make a few bob..

I have emailed them and asked where did they get the inspiration or patterns from to make these. I was very polite. It is just now that I have become cranky.

Thanks for listening.

I wanted to say you are AWESOME! You are so creative and inspiring! If I were you I would heavily copyright all my stuff and then send a cease order to that guy! Or at least talk with a lawyer! You REALLY have potential to make a LOT of money because you are SO ORIGINAL!. You should write about this in your blog! Spread the word. He is ripping you off. The Internet has a way of spreading the word! People dont like thief's.

Where can I get the frog pattern? Are you giving that one away to use? i cant seem to find it on the blog? You are truly talented!

did you try her etsy store? i am pretty sure the frogs are in Etsy as she only lists her free patterns on her blog.

Cupcake - any update? did that "designer" write you back?

did you try her etsy store? i am pretty sure the frogs are in Etsy as she only lists her free patterns on her blog.

Cupcake - any update? did that "designer" write you back?

I looked, I guess I am looking in the wrong place?

Sorry team, I somehow stuffed up when I opened the star fish to do a minor edit. It was stuck in draft for a few days by mistake! I have only just realised this tonight. :blush Hopefully you should be able to access it now.

re my original vent the young lady got back to me and said she had got the pattern off her mother who had had this for a long time and referred to me to an old publication. When I asked her whether she had the authors permission to sell them, I must say her "tone" showed a bit of attitude as she didnt seem to understand why copyright was an issue. Her belief was that she could make what she wanted and sell what she wanted and no "designer" should tell her what she can and can't make. She told me she wasn't really interested in any further discussion and that was that. I have had my cup of tea and believe I was wrong in getting a bit cranky.

I do appreciate the support I have had from the ville!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find the pattern on your blog. Am I looking in the wrong place?

re my original vent the young lady got back to me and said she had got the pattern off her mother who had had this for a long time and referred to me to an old publication.

I'm so proud of you for asking her politely. It's amazing how much creativity there is in the world, and I am so glad she wasn't just taking advantage of your hard work.

I had a very negative experience with someone sending me a mean nasty message accusing me of copying her sock monkey hat designs on ebay (which weren't very cute IMHO), that she was going to report me and on and on . When I replied that I used our own Shelleden's pattern from crochet cabin and had permission to sell (I made one to sell!), I never heard from her again but I was really uncomfortable and have yet to try and sell anything again online.

I guess I missed out on the starfish pattern? Darn! I love all of your handiwork Cupcake!

The star fish is buried on my blog..it is still there.

i looked for it too and couldnt find it must not have "dug" deep enough.................... i found it! thanks it is really cute

SCC,

It's in the 2006 archives for June. Hope that helps :).

Sandy

Archived